Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Font in Xara <> Browser

As Xara is now very much web-based, if there is no way to turn off anti-aliasing on a text selection then this is a MAJOR oversight. I can do it in every other graphics app I have, and to have go to and fro between them is, in truth, unacceptable. Please amend this, it's important.

Hi Greg,

Unless you are exporting your text as a graphic Xara Xtreme nor Web Designer have anything to do with how a browser renders it.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

True, but that's what's needed. There are times (quite often) when there is a requirement for small text as a graphic that's clearly not anti-aliased. For you not to be able to switch off anti-aliasing (and I've got no problem in having to convert it to shapes) is a big omission for web work.

Try this thread Greg.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the link, Egg. However, nothing really changes, and that workaround is so painful in reality that it's much easier for me to create the text in Fireworks (which works perfectly) and export it as a transparent gif or png.

I think half the trouble here, is that Xara is a legacy illustration app and is trying to wear too many hats and is, perhaps, alienating a lot of people as it's starting to show its age in one area and its newness in another.