Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I know this is a little off topic but I wonder in the light of this snippet
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Microsoft is to release the first beta of Office 2000's successor, codenamed Office 10, to a restricted number of testers. According to some (unconfirmed) sources, it gave Office 10 beta to testers at the beginning of August, but Microsoft has now decided to announce some of the features of the new software suite <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Whether some MS persons watched our deliberations about the new name for Xara and we can expect MS Office X on the box? We should sue!

James

<font face="dom casual, verdana>James</font>

I know this is a little off topic but I wonder in the light of this snippet
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Microsoft is to release the first beta of Office 2000's successor, codenamed Office 10, to a restricted number of testers. According to some (unconfirmed) sources, it gave Office 10 beta to testers at the beginning of August, but Microsoft has now decided to announce some of the features of the new software suite <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Whether some MS persons watched our deliberations about the new name for Xara and we can expect MS Office X on the box? We should sue!

James

I believe that Xara will have a case here. Weren't they the first to use that X? Now MS is using EXACTLY the same brandname (i.e "10") for it's product. Hell, let's sue them right away!!

Actually, Apple came first with Mac OS X, but I'm sure there are numerouse products in the past that have used X. But with Apple (among others) being lawsuit crazy these days, who knows. Petenting "tabbed palletes" is bad enough, can you imagine letters of the alphabet can be copywrited? Another day, another suit, sigh.

[This message was edited by Alex Wong on September 03, 2000 at 01:33 PM.]
    creativesuperhero.ca

As Acorn was there before Apple, Xara will win in the end!

Corel announced CorelDRAW 10 to be released on Nov. 10 2000.

Looks like it's going to be an X year!