Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Scrap document?

A file called 'Scrap' has appeared on my desktop. Windows recognises it giving the file it's own icon and a tabbed properties box - the tabs are general, summary, statistics, contents and custom. Viewing it as a text file clearly shows 'Xara drawing'. To cut a long story short, I don't know what it is (it can be double clicked or 'drag and drop'ped to launch Xara X but with different results). I didnt create it (on purpose). I'm still using the trial version.
    Jon
    PS Version 1.0a and it's the first time it has happened

A file called 'Scrap' has appeared on my desktop. Windows recognises it giving the file it's own icon and a tabbed properties box - the tabs are general, summary, statistics, contents and custom. Viewing it as a text file clearly shows 'Xara drawing'. To cut a long story short, I don't know what it is (it can be double clicked or 'drag and drop'ped to launch Xara X but with different results). I didnt create it (on purpose). I'm still using the trial version.
    Jon
    PS Version 1.0a and it's the first time it has happened

A scrap is normally created when you drag an object out of a program and on to the desktop. It is sort of like a container for drag-and-drop information. You can see this is action by selecting something in a program like Xara or Word and simply dragging it on to your desktop. As far as I know, this is a part of the Windows user interface that was added but never caught on.

Thanks for the quick reply