Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Congratulations TalkGraphics.com...

Interesting to see that I got 1433 in year 2000 when all the people who joined in 2004 have far lower numbers ?

Juergen

Exactly! I have 1394 registered in 2004, and the guy with #2 (two!) is registered in 2004. So I would'nt rely on those numbers. They are not quite what we expect them to be.
    John.

There have been at least two 'migrations' of the member database and the forum software.

When i-u/s was bought by a company that was not interesting in continuing the forums Xara Group sponsored the forums on an InfoPop server located in California.

When the California company was unable to handle the size of the member database. We were experiencing downtime and often were unable to attach imges when the forums were available. Xara Group began hosting the forums on servers in England and vBulletin became the forum software.

I would think that during the move from i-u/s to an InfoPop system some member numbers were freed for use by new users. Probably the same occured during the move from InfoPop to vBulletin.

There was another move a few months ago of the servers but without a change in forum software. The servers hosting Talkgraphics are now located in Berlin. Presumably on MAGIX servers.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update