Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just upgraded to Pro and....

Well, nice to see it all looks familiar but the thumbnails on the desktop and in folders are still broken and not showing contents. Why is this not fixed yet?? It's quite annoying to have to guess what's in a file when you have literally 100's of them!!

And no, doing that work around that we had to do in V4 was not a good fix, it never stuck and so I'm not going through all that again!!

Thanks for the help, if there is any about this.
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Default Re: Just upgraded to Pro and....

That must be local to your system Richard, all my thumbnails work just fine through versions 3, 4 and 5.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Highly doubtful since all the other programs that are able to show thumbnails work just fine for me, including ones on the desktop. I run Vista Pro, SP2
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Quote Originally Posted by RAMWolff44 View Post
    Highly doubtful since all the other programs that are able to show thumbnails work just fine for me, including ones on the desktop. I run Vista Pro, SP2
    ... I can't see thumbnails for .xar or .web either.

Richard, Vista Pro? Do you mean Vista Ultimate?

All 32bit versions should show .xar .web thumbnail icons unless there is a local issue.

Windows Vista and Windows 7 64bit do not show thumbnail icons.
    I don't recall hearing from Xara why this is.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Windows Vista and Windows 7 64bit do not show thumbnail icons. I don't recall hearing from Xara why this is.
    ... that would explain it - I'm running Vista 64bit. Given that 64bit enables the computer to address more RAM, and folk doing graphic/image stuff find lots of RAM quite handy, Xara must have a very good reason for depriving us 64bitters of this useful feature.

Quote Originally Posted by cristofa View Post
    Xara must have a very good reason for depriving us 64bitters of this useful feature.
    You guys are pretty thin on the Xara ground, so maybe it isn't very high up the "to do" list.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    You guys are pretty thin on the Xara ground, so maybe it isn't very high up the "to do" list.
    We are. There's no deny it is the future though. Most apps have already 64bit-version along their 32-bit versions (e.g. Photoshop, XSI Softimage, Cubase). Adobe After Effects coming soon.

Alot of 32-bit drivers are currently rewritten for 64-bit machines as the demand is there. We won't be that minority soon anymore and you'll have to join the dark side very soon he he he

Yup, 64 bit is really taking off now so it's time I think to get down and do Xara X native 64 bit app and address this no preview issue with the thumbnails. If a little company like DAZ3D can invest dollars into making a 64 bit of DAZ Studio then I don't see what the hold up is with this becoming a reality for Xara!!

By the way, DS3 64bit is really really cool!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I'm running a 32-bit vista and have no problem with thunbnails.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.