Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Search Engine Optimizing (SEO) Tips for Xara Websites

Hi All,

I am a long time user of Xaraweb Designer and have spent a lot time trying to optimize (SEO) the web site. Using google speed insights on web site www.etmonline.com.au, desktop score is 96/100, however for mobile a score of 56/100.

Google suggestions are

1) Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
    2) Leverage browser caching.
    I understand that there is not much that can be done in Xaraweb to optimize these suggestions.

My question is what can be done in Xaraweb to optimize the mobile score.
    IP

henryluiz,

sculptex did a report that may help you. https://www.sculptex.co.uk/optimizin...gle-pagespeed/

Take a look and see what you think, also another post on here that talks about SEO https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...esigner-vs-SEO

Google has changed around their algorithm so much that traditional SEO practices have not been producing like they did just a couple years ago. I use to rank number one for several of our pages now I have slipped but in Bing we are still in the top three. The big think is back links to your site from respectable sources.

Ray
    IP

Hi,

I did work with sculptex recommendations and his examples show mobile as orange.
    Apprentice any comments form Webdesign developers.

regards
    Henry
    IP

Hi,

Does Xara have an SEO guide for Xaraweb Designer?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by henryluiz View Post
    Hi,
    Does Xara have an SEO guide for Xaraweb Designer?
    Henry, not that we have seen.

This, https://github.com/thedaviddias/Fron...ster/README.md, is more than SEO and breaks down all the complexities a web site has to overcome.
    When you get to the bottom, only then consider if the costly "Performance Tools" are needed. Perhaps you can then advise Xara of unnecessary bottlenecks in its coding approach.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

HI,

thanks for the link......i will spend time on this and provide feedback

regards
    Henry
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

This, https://github.com/thedaviddias/Fron...ster/README.md, is more than SEO and breaks down all the complexities a web site has to overcome.
    When you get to the bottom, only then consider if the costly "Performance Tools" are needed. Perhaps you can then advise Xara of unnecessary bottlenecks in its coding approach.

Acorn
    I looked at this three times and my head is spinning. Is it me?

Thanks,
    John
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by craftech View Post
    I looked at this three times and my head is spinning. Is it me?
    Thanks, John
    My head spins on occasion too. It is not an application, these are guidelines that a good website should follow. The good thing is it explains why and offers links to reference material.
    That is why I avoid SEO products as pure snake oil as Google changes its algorithms all the time so one would be in a constant fight to get to the top; that's how SEO vendors scare people out of their cash.

A good site is clean and compact with meaningful content and lots of visitors and citations.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

I am closing this thread.
    IP