Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Help with Business Card

Hi Everyone!

I hope I am posting this is in the right place.

I have designed the attached business card for my husband's business and would greatly appreciate help in fine tuning it to look its best.

I would like input as to
    • which fonts should I use?
    • should it be printed on colored card stock?
    • glossy?
    • metalic for the logo?
    • etc.

I look forward to any feedback.
    Thanks
    Doby
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Help with Business Card

Hi Doby,

Here's a first quick take on it.
    Make the logo the main feature of the card - it's on your site and likely on your work vehicle/s. People will associate the logo with your business.

Also, try to repeat the company colours used on the site on the card (and stationary) as well. It adds consistency.

The thing I've learned over the years with business cards in particular, is that 'less is more'.. People don't want large amounts of reading material - they just need fast access to you.

Anyway - for what it's worth - here's my first edit to your idea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RVRSBC.png 
Views:	463 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	62527

Steve's design looks better. I think the logo is really weak as far as a brand goes. By the looks of the work your husband does it's very good and the logo to me says back yarder, Not having a go at your design talent just the logo you have chosen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo3.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	62579  
    Last edited by JaffDave; 22 June 2009 at 06:40 AM.
    I ate my crayon.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffDave View Post
    Steve's design looks better. I think the logo is really weak as far as a brand goes. By the looks of the work your husband does it's very good and the logo to me says back yarder, Not having a go at your design talent just the logo you have chosen.
    Regardless of what you may think, and please do not take offence... I imagine this person probably liked what they made, I would have thought the object here is to closely match it (fine tuning it to look its best as doby says), not totally change their efforts of which they are proud of.
    Enthusiasm is great...however it is a business card and I'm assuming the first...doesn't need to be BIG and FLASHY because the person/s handing the card around will sell the product with their personality, the card is only a reminder with details on it. They are more likely to remember the personality giving out the card not the other way around...Leaving a good personal impression in business is everything!
    Therefore if this is a new business, this is a beginning and later down the track they may change the logo and the card altogether (as does often happens), to something they prefer...so if it appears back yardish, it matters not.

Michele

See what I mean. I bet you are totally at odds now which one you will go on.
    Design is thinking made visual.

And I add two more to the collection...

Name:	Card.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	62582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Card2.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	62583  

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    And I add two more to the collection...
    Boy, I think you hit the nail on the head.

That seems to be the most logical choice as it best resembles the website.

I think this is the one and here's my recreation...

http://www.rvrs.ca/images/RVRS_BC15.jpg

With all these colors, should I use shiny or flat stock?

Thank you and "EVERYONE" for your input and great suggestions.

I now have to work on an ad that will go into our local community magazine.

This is a yearly magazine that has alot of local info in it (2010 games, garbage collection dates, etc.) and is usually kept around for the year.
    It's a 2" x 4" space. It goes to 70,000 homes and local hospitals, restauranges etc. Newspaper ads don't work well for us (and are very expensive) but I do want to get in this mag as people seem to hang onto it.

I will do a few layouts and up them to get some feed back. Really looking forward to everyone's help.

That's a pretty neat logo JaffDave - I wish I knew of this site when I was struggling to come up with something. I definately need assistance with design.

When I am ready to change it, I will post here and get some help.
    Last edited by doby; 23 June 2009 at 05:49 PM.

Hi Doby,
    I have left your card pretty much as is except for the logo, which I have simplified. The font I used is Helvetica Bold, converted to shapes in the .xar file, so you can use it if it's not on your system. I just duplicated it to give it a more solid feel and to keep to the 2 colours you have used. I felt it gave a more wooden feel to the text in line with your husband's business. I removed the two flourishes for the sake of simplicity and centred the text above and below the RVRS (also Helvetica Bold).
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	bc.png 
Views:	450 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	62531  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 21 June 2009 at 07:33 AM. Reason: add graphic
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Don't be shy Bob please show a screenshot of your example - don't just supply the work ready done for Doby, you know the rules

Edit: Ah - there you go Bob, you edited your post as I was responding - http://www.talkgraphics.com/image.ph...ine=1241426305.