Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Help with Business Card

This is also a very nice combo you've made here doby.
    The photo on the reverse side is really nice - do you have a colour printer?
    I would print this photo out and try writing on it in black and blue pen, as people often use the back for writing notes on.
    Also try the following little experiment: click on your photo, then the transparency tool at the side. Then (at the top) choose 'flat' from the drop down box and this will turn your photo slightly white and 'faint' in colour - transparent in effect. You will find this easier to write over the top of if you choose this one.

Whenever I can't decide between things that I make, I send them to the staff and get the staff to decide which one they like out of the best of them...its a cop out I know, but when the majority pick their favourite they can't complain!

Michele

Steve's design looks better. I think the logo is really weak as far as a brand goes. By the looks of the work your husband does it's very good and the logo to me says back yarder, Not having a go at your design talent just the logo you have chosen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo3.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	62579  
    Last edited by JaffDave; 22 June 2009 at 06:40 AM.
    I ate my crayon.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffDave View Post
    Steve's design looks better. I think the logo is really weak as far as a brand goes. By the looks of the work your husband does it's very good and the logo to me says back yarder, Not having a go at your design talent just the logo you have chosen.
    Regardless of what you may think, and please do not take offence... I imagine this person probably liked what they made, I would have thought the object here is to closely match it (fine tuning it to look its best as doby says), not totally change their efforts of which they are proud of.
    Enthusiasm is great...however it is a business card and I'm assuming the first...doesn't need to be BIG and FLASHY because the person/s handing the card around will sell the product with their personality, the card is only a reminder with details on it. They are more likely to remember the personality giving out the card not the other way around...Leaving a good personal impression in business is everything!
    Therefore if this is a new business, this is a beginning and later down the track they may change the logo and the card altogether (as does often happens), to something they prefer...so if it appears back yardish, it matters not.

Michele

See what I mean. I bet you are totally at odds now which one you will go on.
    Design is thinking made visual.

And I add two more to the collection...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Card.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	62582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Card2.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	62583  

That's a pretty neat logo JaffDave - I wish I knew of this site when I was struggling to come up with something. I definately need assistance with design.

When I am ready to change it, I will post here and get some help.
    Last edited by doby; 23 June 2009 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    And I add two more to the collection...
    Boy, I think you hit the nail on the head.

That seems to be the most logical choice as it best resembles the website.

I think this is the one and here's my recreation...

http://www.rvrs.ca/images/RVRS_BC15.jpg

With all these colors, should I use shiny or flat stock?

Thank you and "EVERYONE" for your input and great suggestions.

I now have to work on an ad that will go into our local community magazine.

This is a yearly magazine that has alot of local info in it (2010 games, garbage collection dates, etc.) and is usually kept around for the year.
    It's a 2" x 4" space. It goes to 70,000 homes and local hospitals, restauranges etc. Newspaper ads don't work well for us (and are very expensive) but I do want to get in this mag as people seem to hang onto it.

I will do a few layouts and up them to get some feed back. Really looking forward to everyone's help.

Great choice, Doby! But seriously, I'm happy to have been of help.

Quote Originally Posted by doby View Post
    With all these colors, should I use shiny or flat stock?
    Look at my post earlier in this thread (last paragraph) for my suggestions regarding stock: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...3&postcount=10

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Great choice, Doby! But seriously, I'm happy to have been of help.

HEHEHE

Look at my post earlier in this thread (last paragraph) for my suggestions regarding stock: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...3&postcount=10
    Thanks for that. I will now read the posts for preparing for the printer.

Thanks again. Hope to see you (all) when I post for guidance with the ad layout...

Doby

Quote Originally Posted by Purrfeck View Post
    This is also a very nice combo you've made here doby.
    The photo on the reverse side is really nice - do you have a colour printer?
    I would print this photo out and try writing on it in black and blue pen, as people often use the back for writing notes on.
    Also try the following little experiment: click on your photo, then the transparency tool at the side. Then (at the top) choose 'flat' from the drop down box and this will turn your photo slightly white and 'faint' in colour - transparent in effect. You will find this easier to write over the top of if you choose this one.
    Michele

Thank you for the tips. I thought I should put up the backside of the previous card with the revisions you suggested.

Original

http://www.rvrs.ca/images/RVRS_BC11b.jpg

With recommended Changes

http://www.rvrs.ca/images/RVRS_BC11b2.jpg

a transparent cream color with black type might work better.
    (I do still like this version as well with the matching front as previously shown).
    Last edited by doby; 23 June 2009 at 11:37 PM.