Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Default Re: Leaving XWD Because of Immense Frustration

Thanks for the tutorial, but I'm a newcomer to this. It all looks so simple on your sample, but I tried to mimic your sample but my menu bar does not work.
    Please have alook and explain what have I done wrong. It seems that the layers are changing in a specific sequense.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just opened your attached .web file and found it to be toally empty ... no content whatsoever.

Same here:

index.web was created with: MAGIX Xtreme Web Designer 5.0.1.10003 CD

ExpandXar finds nothing there either

Default Re: Navbar tutorial

I tried to follow, but lost you at Part 2.

Making adjustments to Button1...
    My buttons are some disappearing and others not.

Could you please have alook at the work I have done so far, and comment on what I am missing.

Thanks
    I am uploading my pages.

A couple of observations:
    • You have WAY too many layers. One unique set of layers are required for each dropdown menu (not for each label/button within a dropdown menu). Note that all of the items that fall under [Company] are all positioned on layers 'Com' and 'mouseOver_Com'.
    • I didn't delete one of your layers (mouseOver_SRV6) because it has elements on it.
    • At some buttons, you have three or four graphic elements. You only need two -- one on the popup layer, and one on the mouseOver_popup layer.
    • I've provided you enough of an example that you should be able to finish the job, and hopefully be much more confident in your future attempts. =)
    • In the example, I've arranged for [Company] and [Industries] to behave slightly differently. See if you can figure out what I've done. Which way you decide to go is totally a matter of personal preference.

Cursor

Thanks for the help, it seems that you are a pro with this software, and I am not cut out for it. Looked at the example you created for me, but when I do the same my dropdown buttons does not work.

Are there no movie or screenshot step by step instructions, as I just don't get it working.

If not I am destined to return the software and look for something else, as I don't grasp the consept of the layers and grouping/soft grouping. I change it on one layer then it update another, also the "1 group on layer" vs "2 groups on layer" does not make sense.

Thanks for the help.

ps. see my attempt again. You'l see I am not cut out for it.

It can be frustrating, can't it?!

Take a peek at this video, which directly addresses your problem. =)

Thumbs up Re: Leaving XWD Because of Immense Frustration

Hi Cursor

I must thank you for all your help. You've gave me hope and showed me where I have been struggling for weeks with the dropdown/popup button menus.

The effort you made to create the screen demo, helped me understand the workings of the layers. I am truly gratefull and know that this thread will help a lot of people that is also struggling with creating a dropdown/popup menu bar.

Once again thank you.

Regards

Pux

I'm glad that you were able to get something positive from the video. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to post them.