I am Leaving Xara Web Designer... because of the massive frustration I am having with the program... and its idiosyncrasies.... and jumbled workarounds... and conflicting information here on the forums.

I have spent over 80 hours trying to make a fairly simple web site with cascading menus. Ive actually paid people to help me with Xara and their work has been as unpredictable as the program, and Ive had several people kind enough to try to help me off-line..and "Thank You" to them....but to no avail...My web site is dead, unworkable and unstable.

I am NOT COMING BACK till Xara makes a corporate commitment to make a comprehensive, bulletproof, non-assuming, easy to understand, not missing any steps, explaining it all, beginners TRAINING VIDEO on how to master its menu buttons, rollovers, popups and ESPECIALLY its cascading menu methodology with the 10 rules you must implement to make it work.

I am tired of workarounds, mis-information, corrections, and temporarily wrong information. There are a large number of very dedicated, helpful, and intelligent people working with integrity here in the forum...but I dont think I can take working with XWD any further till the company comes out with a major fix release or some training that doesnt talk over our heads like this all works just simply fine...and forgets to tell us 5 steps in between that MUST be followed...

Ill be back maybe in a month maybe...after I have cooled down with the frustrations with V5.01 of this software...and the jumble of well meaning unsuccessful workarounds.

Suzzie