Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Leaving XWD Because of Immense Frustration

I have to put a "plug" in for MenuMaker. My laptop crashed the other day. While I saved my XWD project file, I did not save my MM project file and had to rebuild. With 8 main menu items and over 20 sub-menu items it took me about 30 minutes.

Default Re: Leaving XWD Because of Immense Frustration

I really need to redo my simple version video of how to do dropdowns.

For some sites, they really make it easier to get to the content you want without having to click on a thousand things. People have short attention spans and everyone browses sites differently, so it's good to have multiple ways for people to find things. Drop downs (or other similarly made effects) are one of those ways.

That said, I can seriously show you in 10 minutes or so how to create a functional dropdown menu. This doesn't need to be that complicated, nor is it out of Xara's league. Having gone the Expression Web route, I can tell you that getting drop downs to function on a site in multiple brosers using Xara is FAR easier than in any HTML CSS app you choose to use. There ARE shortcuts for some of these things even in CSS/HTML, thank God, but they take some hunting for and still take a certain amount of patience and technical knowledge to make work.

I may be able to put something together in the morning.