Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default please help with xara and xara 3d for logo work

i have been reading tuturials downloading programs, installing filters and dll files following everything step by step and im getting no where I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!
    i am trying to make my logo 3D and spin, its a detailed shape so i tryed to use xara xtreme pro to add the 24 bit transparency mask instead of hand cutting it out to remove the white background, followed the steps and tryed to paste it into xara 3D so i could then add the texture on top and get my 3D logo but its not working. i tryed using a jpeg,BMP,PSD and nothing works.

what am i doing wrong can someone give me a step by step from original document, how to remove white background -> add logo to xara 3D -> create a double sided logo that spins? PLEASE IM GOING CRAZY

i have xara3D, xtreme pro4, master collection cs4

Default Re: please help with xara and xara 3d for logo work

Hi c-note,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

The problem you are having is a raster (bitmap) image cannot be used as a vector object.

Xara3D6 requires a true vector which you could hand trace in Xtreme then copy the vector shape and paste into Xara3D.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Instead of a mask, either hand trace, which you don't seem keen on doing, or if it is a simple shape, a bitmap trace might do the trick.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

i think the logo i am trying to use may be to hard to trace, or maybe im just not good enough, i got half way and said there has to be a fster and better method. so i found the 24-bit mask step by step from gwpriester http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...light=bit+mask
    and tried to use it with the step by step from drifter
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=23208

anyway i attached my logo maybe that could help with giving some direction. please say i dont have to hand trace everything
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACE_ent_LOGO big.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	61414  

I used a bitmap trace and removed the white background and exported it as a .png file with alpha channel. I then copied the bitmap traced vector result to the clipboard and opened Xara 3D and pasted it into the programe. I then used the exported .png file as the texture. I removed the shadow that is the default setting, and changed all the lighting arrows to white. Then adjusted their positions to give the result I liked. It is a bit "trial and error" getting the lighting right. It may take a moment for the animation to start.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ace.gif 
Views:	421 
Size:	393.8 KB 
ID:	61424  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Good heavens, Bob. Not only is that marvellous, but the speed at which you created it! That is truly inspired. I love the way even the edges of the animation have the bitmapped feathers. It really is superb Bob. My congratulations.

nice one Bob
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

thank you bob for displaying that this logo is not impossible to work with and for doing such a great job. i am still not sure as to the steps you took to get there. i played with bitmap trace and still dont know how it removes the background, all my results ended up making my logo look like it was drawn with crayons and still had a white background. when you say "exported it as a .png file with alpha channel" i have no clue what that means nor do i see this alpha channel option in the export menu. also how does the image become a bitmap traced vector that you save to the clipboard, how do you save to the clipboard is it just right click copy paste.
    sorry to be a pain but i really want to learn this process so i can apply it to future work. anyway i can get a detailed step by step? or link to a fool proof tutorial?
    thank you all for your help

The bitmap tracer can be a bit hit & miss and you need to play about with the controls a bit. However you don't need to be too accurate. Here's a xar file that should give you some idea. Yes it looks crap but it's only the rough shape you're after. Give it a try and then try applying your original bitmap as a texture. (I've mutilated the trace so you can't use it for any final results, just showing you how Bob achieved his results)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Red face Re: please help with xara and xara 3d for logo work

ok perfect i know get how to apply the texture in xara3D to get the logo to look right now i just need to know how to trace an image and delete the background in xtreme so i can us it in 3D.
    1) start with what kind of image file? jpeg?
    2) trace?
    3)delete white background?
    4) save file as what type? just copy to clip board at this point?
    can someone please walk me through it please!