Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XX5 and my ire

Default Re: XX5 and my ire

Nancy, sorry to hear of your nephew's problem. I'm sure he takes comfort in having a family who so obviously cares. Good luck with your work on his behalf.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

My sympathies too Nancy
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Nancy, i'd like to pay for your nephews cancer treatment, but i'm simply not that rich (have you seen "sicko" by Michael Moore?)

email me your paypal details and i'll pay for your upgrade to XX5

poidy next time you say "OMG just stop your winning" think before you stick your oversize foot in your mouth - because one day it might be somebody elses foot

Nancy, sorry to hear of your situation. I hope things improve for the better.

I think somewhere in the thread, you worked out that not waiting a few months had effectively cost you $19 in extra upgrade costs - I don't think the price of one or two DVDs over a number of moths is really something to complain about, after all, we all choose to upgrade or not of our own free will. I think the ire is rather unwarranted.

Kinetica has made a very kind gesture indeed.

Thank you for the prayers and sympthay from all...he can use them.

Paul, I was indeed unhappy but it had more to do with the unfortunate timing. I think my thread heading is too bold for the message.

Kinetic, you are a special person. I was not fishing for cash but I truly appreciate the offer. I can not accept your offer as I could find the extra money somewhere to upgrade but I am not upgrading at the moment. I really am saving all my money to donate at the benefit. I intend to buy a few of those silent auction items for a lot of money Thanks for being such a sweetheart, though.

****Background on Daniel's disease:

Right after Dan's 17th birthday they finally diagnosed his osteosarcoma. He had the femur removed from his right forearm and a metal rod put in. The cancer came back in his lungs. Then it came back around his aorta. Then it was in his lungs again. In January of 2008 they told Dan he had 3 months to live.

Roger (my brother) and Dawn took Dan to Houston to M.D.Anderson clinic for experimental drugs. Dan is still alive but he's had constant reoccurances of cancer in his lungs and chest and recently it's back at the original sight in his right forearm. He looks so healthy for being so sick.

This is a very rare disease (so they say) but there are 29 other kids within a 50 mile radius of Appleton, Wisconsin who have this disease. Extremely suspicious, but no one can find a link between them. We pray for all of them.

Hopefully this benefit will raise enough money for Roger and Dawn to continue taking Dan to M.D.Anderson. It's been 3 years since the diagnosis and I think that it's just a matter of time and the disease will take my nephew but we will fight for him until it does. Thank you for your prayers.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Nancy, My heart and my prayers goes out to you and your family. Losing someone you love is never easy and when it is a child the hurt is even deeper. You have one precious gift though, time. Time to say good bye, time to say I love you. Make the most of the time he has left. On January 2, 2007 my niece was killed when she was hit by a truck while crossing a busy road. There were so many what ifs, what if I'd said this, what if I'd done that. God will see you through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

You are so right Angelize, we have time to spend with Daniel, to tease with, laugh with and love with. He is such a loving and wonderful boy. You lost someone dear and close and never got to say that final good-bye. How that must ache in your heart. You have my deepest sympathies too.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

[edit] Nancy, sorry i somehow missed that (with my tunnel vision).... my condolences....

P.S. I don't think poidy was deliberately insensitive...(i missed that myself so its not really fair to be too hard on him)...
    Ie its very easy for the brain to skim read and ignore parts of posts that don't apply to ones current train of thought without even realizing the exact nature of the parts of the post you are skipping.

And i didn't realize something was up until i later saw all the condolence posts myself and so added this. [/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Zupdude View Post
    Welcome to the boat! Nobody plays the upgrade game better than Xara! When they offer a real upgrade, they'll change the name and pretend it's a new product
    Its business i guess... I understand it but i don't have to like it.
    Its a process I believe that sacrifices the strongest product development streams in an on going "tack-on and patch up" process that (with each upgrade) only serves to further cement the application (with respect to its core functionality) into a "bottle neck" position where by any fundamental change becomes progressively more difficult over time.

It is for this reason that I believe that integrating the web application is a monumental blunder as it "burns" many of the bridges to advanced future developments (by way of bloating the app needlessly) to simply service and cement the existing functionality with "fluff".

i.e its a fundamental mindset that offends me as a vector purist because it is a burn the future to fuel the present philosophy.
    Ie like clear felling the amazon to make hamburger paddies and chopsticks only then to find the soil is useless for cropping or grazing cattle in the long term... its mindless...
    But if you only want to make money right NOW (understandable from this very limited perspective).

Quote Originally Posted by Zupdude View Post
    Oh, and ...ummm... Don't pay too much attention to sledger...ummm... He owns about half the company, so he's a little prejudiced ...and a real grump.
    Are you being literal here? or should you have put that in quotation marks?
    i.e does sledger really own a significant portion of the company?
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 22 June 2009 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morphonius_821 View Post
    Are you being literal here? or should you have put that in quotation marks?
    i.e does sledger really own a significant portion of the company?
    Yes, he does... I'm typing this from Charle's old offices... Steve bought it all yesterday! Egg and Gary are skinny dipping in the pool right now (not to worry, they are only talking vector bevels).

LogoVend (James) came by a few ours ago and painted a huge mural of Einstein on the front facade -- it looked amazing! Covoxer pointed out that it wasn’t all “vector” – and it was subsequently covered with a huge banner of an Aston Martin.

Ross just landed on the lawn in one of the Xaracopter… He brought some moose heads… Not the beer… but actual moose heads – and marshmallows! Hooray!

JR came by to take pictures of the British moon (but it’s a cloudy night).

Someone found the code for the Xara mesh tool! It’s amazing, and they have had if for at least 8 years. It seems they kept it from us… just to bug us!

Forgot to check… This is the off-topic forum, right?

Risto

Hold your horses!

Soquili just walked in, with a C64, duct-taped to the side of his head… I think he is talking binary but I think it's good news... Xhris is translating it to me in Klingon math right now… Hold on… (I suck at Klingon AND math).

Yes, it has been confirmed! The next version of Xtreme will have customizable brushes! No, wait! Bill, guarantees it (he will do it personally!) if people could just keep irrational and pointless whining at TG to a minimum!

Damnit… There go the brushes!

Risto