Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XX5 and my ire

Default XX5 and my ire

I just paid to upgrade to XX4 in November of 2008. That's about the time I started really using Xara and coming here. The Xara 'my products' page does not tell me how much I paid or how I paid but I think it was $39 US.

Now XX5 is released, 7 months after I upgraded. To upgrade is $39 US. If I had not upgraded to XX4 first, it is only $59 to upgrade from any previous Xara version to XX5. If I want to upgrade from XX4 now, it is costing me an extra $20 than if I had waited and not upgraded to XX4 first.

In otherwords:

XX2 to XX5 = $59 US
    XX2 to XX4 to XX5 = $78 US ($39 + $39)

Just seems wrong to me
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Default Re: XX5 and my ire

In otherwords:

XX2 to XX5 = $59 US
    XX2 to XX4 to XX5 = $78 US ($39 + $39)
    Perhaps look at it another way.
    Since you started with version 2 if you upgrade to version 5 you will have just got of all the included features and upgrades of version 3, 3.2 and 4 for just $19 and had the use of version 4 since November last year

Sounds reasonable to me

Lol, that would work if I had version 3 before. I just recently went to XX4 in Nov., so it is costing me $19 more to upgrade to XX5 because I got to use XX4 for 6 months. If you bought XX4 May 1st or after, you get free upgrade to version 5.

I really would have liked to have known that XX5 was coming out this year. I might have waited as XX4 didn't really add much from XX2, for my purposes. I already had Xara3D6, so the 3D thing could have waited for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee View Post
    Lol, that would work if I had version 3 before. .
    Yes, what I mean't was that in version 4 you had the benefits of versions 3 and 3.2 already built-in without having to actually have those versions.
    So coming from version 2 to 4 means that you also got version 3 and 3.2's extras

OMG just stop your winning

Welcome to the boat! Nobody plays the upgrade game better than Xara! When they offer a real upgrade, they'll change the name and pretend it's a new product, or they'll add a suffix to it (Look for Xara Extreme Pro Super Duper in 2011 [SRP $300- Upgrade $110]). The things they've called 'upgrades' recently have just been the same program, but with one of their lesser (limited functionality) products merged into it, e.g., xara3d or Webstyle/Web Designer. I still get the upgrades because I'd rather have everything available in one workspace and it averages only about $25 per year compared to $75/year for Corel products. I figure that I will have paid about $1200 for the mature Xara by the time they actually produce it (which will be called "Xara Super Duper Ultimate Supreme Professional Extreme Designer VII) and Adobe will buy them out one or two versions after that and then you're invited to my funeral three months after that.

Oh, and ...ummm... Don't pay too much attention to sledger...ummm... He owns about half the company, so he's a little prejudiced ...and a real grump.

...and that poidy boy is drunk! ...why else would he not want you to Win?!
    Last edited by Zupdude; 20 June 2009 at 04:36 AM.

Well, I'm really impressed with the object library and that's what really has me wanting Version 5. I think it's the best improvement I've seen in a long while.

I just can't afford it at the moment, since I recently paid for the XX4 upgrade. I really need a new computer before all esle and we are saving money for the benefit for my newphew with osteosarcoma on August 22nd in Appleton, Wisconsin. The cancer just won't go away and 3 years of medical bills is taking its toll on my brother's family. We want to help out by giving them a nice size donation. Ok, so Brian doesn't know that yet but it's what I'm saving my tip money for.

Everyone is invited. info:

When: Saturday, August 22, 2009
    Time: 4:00 pm – end of Rattlers Game!
    Where: Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Game at the…
    Time Warner Cable Field at Fox Cities Stadium
    2400 N. Casaloma Drive
    PO Box 7464
    Appleton, WI 54912

My brother's colleages are putting it together....silent auction, food, game ticket, door prizes...$30 per person.

Poidy, how about contributing something worthwhile instead of a condemnation?

lol this really gives me a chuckle. I'm just sittin here popping some frosties and sucking down some suds. Truthfully it all comes down to one thing the world runs on its own time and not yours. As a matter of fact it doesn't even run on my schedule either. If every person who felt justified in complaining about things not being perfect for them all jumped into the same boat, it would sink leaving only a few to hear the wailing and nashing.

you posted while i was doing my last reply. I hope you were not to offended, sorry dude. But honestly doesn't it sound like the kind of a rant by a person who thinks the the world should be oyster.

Dude I just read your post in its entirety and didn't understand the pressure you are apparently feeling. I wish I had a brother like you. My hat if off to you for all you seem too be doing for him. He will be in my prayers this evening.