Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Photo Fun - Single Picture Collage Effect

Waht teh? Real nice indeed. I think this effect works better with inanimate objects than with the living. Something about the dismembering process...
    Sledge, can you break it down to one or two more intermediate steps, like how you filled each individual rectangle? Was it select-all-rectangles, then apply clipview with the photo below?

Import the image and cut it [image goes to the bitmap gallery]. Select all the rectangles and group them. Select image in bitmap gallery and click 'Fill'
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

This doesn't have to be limited to rectangles...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle photo collage.png 
Views:	289 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	62476  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

... and hexagons can be used for links too ...

Name:	cls_hex.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	62478  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Angelize, you need a cherry pie for the picture
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Just messin' about...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tubling.JPG 
Views:	367 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	62481

I was not able to do it the way HayTay said (or what I thought he said) but I did it the way John mentions. I also added the 3D that Sledge mentions. Looks very cool. Used an old pic of grapes and pears....boring.

Steve, very cool effect.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

That's a great time-saver, John (post #12). I used that method for the attached. With an appropriate background and a glow shadow, I made this swift window effect.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	window.png 
Views:	263 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	62495  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Haytay/sledger, would you mind posting the .xar files in order to break apart and learn from. Thanks Brad!

While browsing through a JCPenny store today my eyes were drawn to an advertisement hanging on the wall using this very same technique. Theirs used a single photo split between a 2 x 6 matrix of squares.

> Steve - Awesome use of this technique on the airplane. I can 'picture' all of the little squares dangling by fishing line in an aerospace museum somewhere.

> John - I was working on a photo divided between a number of hexagons, also. Alas, you beat me to it. Nicely done. I may finish the one I was working on, or maybe not.

> Frances - You're right, of course. It doesn't have to be squares, rectangles, hexagons, or pie slices. As a matter of fact it can be a hodge-podge collection of numerous shapes. Good job on the flower pie, though.

> Bob - Leave it to you to come up with an easy way to do windows. And they look so clean!

> Nancy and Brad - Since I created the effect a different way, and you're having trouble duplicating it, and since you asked so nicely, and I'm feeling generous, here's the .XAR file so you can rip it apart. Remember, I used ClipView (Q) to create the 4 tiles. If you want to Remove the ClipView operation it is Arrange > Remove ClipView (Alt+Q). As previously mentioned, John's method is much quicker. You'll also get to see how I made all of the tiles appear to be in front of and behind the two adjacent tiles.

Good job all,
    Harry
    Attached Files Attached Files