Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Menu of the Day

Default Menu of the Day

Here's a nice idea, let's share those favourite recipies we have adapted for our own use that aren't, as far as we know, from any recipe book but are recipes that
    we we have either inherited from our friends, parents and grandparents, or have invented ourselves. My xar file is included if the attachment is unreadable.
    Feel free to add your own to this thread.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu.png 
Views:	274 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	62441  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Menu of the Day

oh yeah - that looks delicious!!

gonna print that off and see if the boss will do that for me

Wonderful recipe Bob. I don't have any madeup recipes to share but I have some favorites that came from magazines or coupons or from friends. My favorite favorite is Southwestern Chicken (from a coupon). It's so easy, has few ingredients and is very satisfying. I make chorizo rice on the side (from the internet).
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Default Re: June Scribble

Black pudding comes in all shapes and sizes. Traditional sausage shapes, horseshoes, rings and burgers.
    Here's a typical recipe - not for the squeamish, if you are squeamish then look away now; (although there is a vegetarian version available)

1lt (1¾ pints) Blood (Pig, Lamb or Goose)
    340g (12oz) Shredded Suet
    300ml (½ pint) Milk
    50g (2oz) Oatmeal
    3 Medium Onions, chopped
    1 tbsp Salt
    ½ tsp Mixed Herbs
    ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
    Pinch Nutmeg

Pre-heat oven to 160°C: 300°F: Gas 2.
    Mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly, making sure that the seasonings are evenly distributed.
    Next fill the large sausage cases, see: Sausage Making Basics for advice on doing so.
    Place into an ovenproof dish with a cover, standing in a larger dish half filled with water.
    Bake for 1½ hours.
    Allow to cool.
    Fry with bacon and eggs for breakfast or use as a part of a Mixed Grill.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

It was my wife's birthday last weekend. As a treat I cooked her favourite lunch. From a recipe from a book I no longer have, but I remember how it's done from having cooked it so often. We shared a bottle of cava which went exceedingly well with the eggs. The book was by Pat Chapman, whose Indian Restaurant Curry books are well worth looking out for.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ekoori.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	64230  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Mmmm.... that sounds good Bob. I make what I call a Breakfast Scramble. It's basically scrambled eggs with celery, low fat cheese, low fat ranch dressing, whatever meat I have on hand, and at the end of cooking fresh tomatoes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.