Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Page Background Layer - XX5 Bug?

How odd! - today I can click the Lock on Background layers, and it works just fine!

UPDATE: Figured it out!!

I have 'Current layer is always visible and editable' turned on in the Options. Page Background can't be unlocked via the Lock icon when it is the current layer. Move to a different layer, and the Lock icon is suddenly active. This seems like odd behaviour to me!
    Last edited by Ampa; 19 June 2009 at 01:23 AM.

thanks for the update
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Another related issue…

If the Guides layer is turned off, and 'Current Layer is always visible / editable' is turned on, making the Guide layer the current layer does not make it visible.

Secondly it is not possible to make it visible without first selecting a different layer.

Minor annoyance, but an annoyance none-the-less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampa View Post
    If the Guides layer is turned off, and 'Current Layer is always visible / editable' is turned on, making the Guide layer the current layer does not make it visible.
    Any layer can become the current layer yet remain invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampa View Post
    Secondly it is not possible to make it visible without first selecting a different layer..
    I don't have that problem at all.

See WMV Video

You're right, Ampa. It works that way in version 4, as well. I think visibility on the Guide layer operates differently from other layers because you can turn the guide display on and off via an icon or hotkey.

Putting that icon on my standard toolbar is one of the first customizations I make when installing Xtreme. I tend to use the icon or the hotkey when I'm doing something on the page, and the checkboxes in the OG/Layers Gallery when I'm working there. Very handy.

Steve, "Current layer always visible and editable" prevents the current layer from being made invisible. If the option is turned off, then you're correct.

Quote Originally Posted by amoore View Post
    Steve, "Current layer always visible and editable" prevents the current layer from being made invisible. If the option is turned off, then you're correct.
    It also prevents the (selected) guide layer from being made visible if the option is enabled first.
    The option is off in by default when installed, so the condition pointed out would be the most common.