Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Page Names

Default Page Names

In the Objects Gallery, the first page of a website is named "index" by default, but the other pages are marked with "<no page name>". I would like to see the actual default names ("index_2" etc.) instead.

Default Re: Page Names

You mean you would like it to actually have a default name rather than <no page name> ?

Up until you actually give it a name in Web Properties>>Page, there is no default name.

Or is that what you are saying ?

All pages have default names, which becomes apparent when you export your .web file. And as the numbering of these pages corresponds to the page numbers in the .web file, these default names ("index_2" etc.) would give more information than "<no page name>".

That internal routine is only invoked on export when no page names have been applied by the user, they are not present or applied during .web project creation.
    I'm assuming that Xara are encouraging users to use unique page names linking from the index, <no page name> kind of say's "Oi - don't forget to name this page"
    I do see you point though.

I would think my point to be rather clear, Steve. By using the default page names, it's immediately clear that, for instance, page "index_10" refers to page 10 of my web design.

It would allow me to quickly reference the corresponding pages (those within XWD and those that were exported) while building the website and allow me to rename the pages when I want to/am ready to do so.