Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default xara4.0.4966 import to illustrator CS as PDF

I imported a fill with transparent gradient and stroke into illustrator via PDF. The image shows pixelation at the edges and artifacts, does illustrator still convert this to raster when importing in PDF? I`m trying to get either gradient fills or gradated transparency into illustrator CS without pixelation. AI , SVG or copy paste only bring it in as raster/pixels..

flat fills and strokes can be pasted into illustrator. So can blends, contours, envelope distort, quickshapes, clipping masks (to unclip in illy go to object/clipmask/release (alt ctrl 7)

illustrator can paste into xara as flat fills and strokes, vector patterns, blends, and gradients ( gradients import as bitmaps only)

the first image shows artifacts and pixelation on taking a smooth object from xara out to PDF. The 2nd shows pixelation of imported opened PDF in illustrator CS from XX4 pro. I`m trying to keep them sharp vectors. But I like the gradient transparency from XX4, my wishlist is clean export from Xara to illy with gradients and gradated transparencies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDFartifacts_xaraexport.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	62381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pixelationPDFimport_xara2illy.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	62382