Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Opera Browser

Exclamation Re: Opera Browser

Quote Originally Posted by Add.O.B. View Post
    What's wrong with IE6?
    Nothing. Nothing at all. Not a thing.

And now back to our regular programming...

Default Re: Opera Browser

Excuse me, are you a moderator or what? This thread was about Opera until you brought IE6 discussion here. That's why I wonder WHY? How is IE6 related to the topic and what's wrong with it.

As you correctly pointed out, ie6 has nothing to do with Opera, so if you want to talk about it start another thread, alternatively google ie6 and standards and you'll see it required lots of workarounds for HTML/CSS developers because it didn't work the same way that other browsers did.

Now let me think about it... The thread was about how the web designer page looks in Opera, right? What the manual coding has to do with this? What IE6 has to do with this? I have IE6 here and whatever I do in webdesigner looks great.
    So who's going off topic here? And why?

We all try and get on here, not trip each other up. Have a nice day.

Excuse me, are you a moderator or what?: what

How is IE6 related to the topic: it's a browser more and more popular than Opera

and what's wrong with it: nothing at all - that's why m$ are already working on IE9

Smile Re: Opera Browser

Wow thank you for the screen shots and test results. I am truly sorry if I wasted anyones time. Turns out my irate customer is running the latest Opera but he had played with the Opera settings and changed it to 'Stretch Width'. Once I had him change it back to the default it looked fine. I am glad to say the stretch width feature not only effected my Xara sites appearance but also major websites like CNN.

I tested it most browsers including Opera and it looked fine... but thought I was missing something bcuz he was confident and upset.

XARA rocks and you guys roll! If I can help any of you with graphics or green screen -compostiting... SEO or whatever let me know. It is the least I can do for wasting your time.

The time was not wasted as you've posted a very valuable tip for an issue that someone else may come across. It's a very big part of what this forum is about.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtwad View Post
    I am truly sorry if I wasted anyones time.
    No time wasted at all! Keep the questions coming!

PS. I would ask your client why he is using Opera - do you not think he should be using the same browser his customers are likely to be using? Just my