Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opera Browser

Default Re: Opera Browser

I know this is an old thread but in fear of getting in trouble for creating a new thread I will add to this one:

I just recieved the dreaded call from a customer that says all of my sites (made with xara5 and the new Dpro6) are not showing properly in Opera.

Is there an additional code that I can add to fix this problem?

The sites that do not show up properly in Opera are Dotdancer.com
    and the websites that are showcased on the Dotdancer home page.

Hope there is a fix...this is not good for business

Dotdancer.com looks quite well in Opera here. What is the problem?
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtwad View Post
    Hope there is a fix...this is not good for business
    Nothing to fix, they all look fine in my Opera 10.10

What version of Opera is your client using?
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Here's how they look in Opera 10.60 ... looking at them, I'm sure that's how they're supposed to look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	74672  
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Looks fine on Opera Mobile on my phone too. You should ask your customer to email you a screenshot and ask them what version of Opera they're using.

Hi!

I always test in IE, FF, Chrome, Safari and Opera, and all my XWD sites look great on all the browsers, in fact they load really fast in Opera and look exactly as they should. I have had this issue of so called incompatible xara sites, and they always seem to originate from web designers working with dreamweaver and it's ilk, seems some people are jealous snobs.

Always test your sites yourself and be confident in the software you use because xara really is amazing. If it cost £500 then people would say how great it is. It does what it sets out to do and does it very well indeed. I know of at least 2 dreamweaver die hards who have converted to XWD for a lot of their website designs, they still use dreamweaver for certain types of sites but from their own confessions 70% of sites are able to be completed in XWD.

For many years I meant to sit down and learn Dreamweaver but never got round to it due to work commitments, but after just one day with XWD 5 I created my own website (www.skech.co.uk) and saved myself £900 and alot of messing about. Long live Xara.

Kash

Dirtwad, do you not have multiple browsers installed, just to check for yourself?

It's good to get confirmation from others, but my first stop would be running Opera myself, just to see the problem for myself.

Anyone working on websites, should have multiple browsers installed.

Paul

Agreed, on my home machine, I have every common browser I can find installed .... Although I must admit to preferring Opera
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

It would appear that according to w3schools.com Opera is static at around 2% of all major browsers. What continues to amaze me from these figures is that more than three times that figure are still using IE6!! I would therefore suggest that instead of focussing on having your site render perfectly in Opera, designers should ensure it renders acceptably in older versions of IE which make up 15% of browser usage. After that, of course, to be absolutely flawless, optimise your site for the remaining 2% of browsers.

If you want to install IE6 on your windows machine, get a copy of VirtualBox. Then download and install IE6 on it. You may be amazed at how crappy your site looks in IE6 as compared to how it looks in FF3/IE8.

I've never been a fan of Opera but it does have some useful gimmicks.