Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blues on the Fox

This weekend is the annual free blues fest in Aurora, Illinois.

It wants to rain (again) but it's only sprinkling and they said it will go on unless it pours. Here's the headliners for Friday and Saturday:

Fri: Back Door Slam
    Sat: Los Lobos

Brian likes both of these bands but Los Lobos is a fave of mine. I have to work the beercart for an outing Saturday but I'll be done in time to see Los Lobos. I'll miss most of the morning shows but that's ok as long I can see them. It's going to be a tough one trying to find somewhere to park though, since this is free
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Default Re: Blues on the Fox

Sounds like fun Hope you have a great, dry weekend (well, no rain anyway ) Have you ever seen our own Tao Jones' work at the Byron Bay Blues Fest? Last years gallery especially good I think.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Have a great time, Nancy. I'm green with envy here, the only blues band I've seen since living in Spain, (8 years) is The Vargas Blues Band - not unlike Stevie Ray Vaughan. Fingers crossed for good weather.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Thanks guys. There were flash floods north of us but it only sprinkled here and it's sunny now happy dance

Brian knows the bands better than me. I just asked and he said Vargas band sound familiar to him. Tomorrow there is also Sugar Blue, Dave Ramont, Hoss, Cedric Burnside and LIghtnin' Malcolm and Watermelon Slim and the workders. Quite a day if you can stand all the crowds ad crowding.

I just checked out Tao Jones' site...excellent photos!!! I tried taking photos at our fest last year but I don't have a zoom lens and the images were too far away. Tao's are fantastic.

Have a go at some photos anyway Nancy, if you get the chance, I like festivals!
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

It gets worse...Sugar Blue! The man Mick Jagger pays to play harmonica for him. Do try to see him. He's based in France and has the sweetest voice as well as being a harp maestro.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Tonight was a washout. We had severe weather warnings, 60mph winds, rain and our electricity went out for 1/2 hour. It's only sprinkling now but Brian won't go out so I don't know if any of the acts are still going on tonight. Guess I'll just have to do some more XX tutorials

Ah, what a pity. Finger crossed for tomorrow.