Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nav Bars Icon?

Question Nav Bars Icon?

Dear All,
    I downloaded xara xtreme 5.10. as a trial version.
    I am first time user of this program. I cannot find the nav bar button. I used my own buttons and copied it in all pages and di the navigation manually. I feel i am doing some extra work that may not be necessary.

Can anyone help find the nav bar button inside the program? I am wonderig if the trial version is crippled with this feature.

Please take a look at my page EDIT LINK REMOVED ~ Egg
    I created using Xara Xtereme software in a one day. very basic one.

I like this software so far except for the nav bar feature which i was not able to find. Appreciate your response.

Thanks
    -Ramesh
    www.******.com
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 16 June 2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: URL removed - infected site

Default Re: Nav Bars Icon?

Hi Ramish, Welcome to the forums.

The Navbar feature was deprecated in version 4 of Xtreme and has now been removed entirely for the release of Web Designer and Xtreme 5.
    Navigation bars can now be built directly using mouseovers and popup layers.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 14 June 2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: smell checkers don't correct typos :(

Just a slight correction, the word is deprecate

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/deprecate

Thanks Frank,
    Smell checkers don't correct typos

couldn't have corrected that since both words exist in the wiktionary

Very true, I simply chose the wrong popup offering when mistyping.
    Further proof that care must be taken rather than than relying on spell chequers.

But now I'm off topic. Sorry Ramish

Thumbs up Re: Nav Bars Icon?#1

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Hi Ramish, Welcome to the forums.

The Navbar feature was deprecated in version 4 of Xtreme and has now been removed entirely for the release of Web Designer and Xtreme 5.
    Navigation bars can now be built directly using mouseovers and popup layers.
    Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. I am learning good informaion from the tutorials links you had.

Can we do blogs with this program? Most people use wordpress I am not sure if I can do that.

If Xara can do it then it would be more beneficial to me as I dont have to learn one more program.
    Thanks
    -Ramesh

Exclamation Re: Nav Bars Icon?

Ramesh,

I had a look at your website and a PDF virus tried to download itself onto my PC. I don't know if it was a coincidence but you can't be too careful.

Dahzee

I can confirm what Dahzee said. Your site is infected by an iframe injector from bigbestlite.cn, leading to the usual Flash and PDF exploits.

This could be due to insecure (typically PHP) applications being installed, your account password being leaked, or the server being compromised.

You need to get your site off the web now, change your passwords and contact your hosting provider.

Others: DO NOT VISIT THE URL in the posting above.

Ramesh,

Just as a matter of interest, who is hosting your site? Is it 3ix?

I have a couple of domains parked with them at the moment and have been reading about a lot of trouble with sites they host being hacked. Many complaints on the web about their unsecure servers and a lot of down time.

I'm currently looking for somewhere else to host my website. Thank heavens I haven't uploaded any files yet. I suppose you get what you pay for and 3ix are very cheap at US$1 per month.

Dale