Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default color management & softproof

Hello,

after having my monitor and printer calibrated, I have now two ICMs available for monitor and printer. I can use them under WindowsXP in a some photo applications and get a rather good match between on-screen softproofs and printouts.

Probably due to the fact that I do not know enough about color management in Xara (using XtremePro 4.0; I read the online help and searched the forum), I cannot get any comparable results in XaraXtremePro 4.0.

Is Xara capable of simulating print colors based on a printer profile and -if yes- how can I tell Xara to use a specific profile in the "Show Printer Colors -> Simulate Print Colors" menu?

Any suggestions/hints/workarounds welcome!

Thanks a lot - tullsta

Default Re: color management & softproof

Sadly not that I have found though since going over to vista my calibration gear stopped working so it's a moot point for me.
    All I can do is work with 'Simulate print colours' turned on and export as a png ('Simulate print colours' still on) I then open the doc in Photoshop and convert it to CMYK. I don't get too much colour change.
    Do not export as PSD as that ignores the preview and the colours go all over the place in Photo shop.

I couldn't ever get the cmyk tiff export to look like the preview so I stopped trying years ago.

Default Re: color management & softproof

Hello all,

maybe someone is looking for a similar functionality - therefore here the answer I got from Xara support on this question.

Thanks and kind regards - Tullsta

Xara Support wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Unfotunately this functionality is not in our products.
    > We use our code to produce this.
    > I have however added this to the wish list for future versions.
    >
    > Many Thanks
    > CS