Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Default Re: Thank you and good bye! I'm no longer Xara's target audience.

which makes me rather glad the point was raised - I have learnt something - thanks Mike for that
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bailey View Post
    But if one wants to be precise as was stated in the the argument there is a way.
    Mike, not BE precise -- DRAW precisely or more accurately. You can use 'snap' too, but it only works so well. Have you tried creating anything with your "work-around"?

Risto
    IP

JA,

I apologise, the issue that I thought you were raising was the one that Risto pointed out "... curved-line segments become straight ones when performing path operations ..." Since it has become apparent that that wasn't your complaint at all.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

I for one like very much Adobe Fireworks CS4 path panel:

Summary of path commands.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 16 June 2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Removed dead hotlinked image
    IP

Risto, I use guide lines and the guide layer for the most part.
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Thank you and good bye! I'm no longer Xara's target audience.

Sorry for not responding earlier. Some how when i read your thread it was like a punch in the face. I am not the software developer but I really disliked how you after all this time that you have used xara, you come out and trash it because of a few downsides.

What xara does may make some people happy and may make some people unhappy. However I try to use different programs, and it seemed you already have illustrator so that gives you less of a chance to complain.

If you did not have illustrator i can see why you would be upset, but still we all get upset, so what work around your problem, use other programs that compliment your work, and instead of bashing xara come back and show how you use different tools from different software to do your nice work.

So good luck to you. I might not sugar coat everything in my thread and i avoid going back and forth, if that is what some users want, a debate. I don't participate in that.

Simple and to the point, many softwares out there, if you can afford them then use them to your advantage. I always try to show my appreciation for the developers. Xara we love the work that you do. I am sure you listen to your users requests and are trying to provide a package that has a lot of +++

Keep up the great work.
    IP

This is the panel I was trying to show yesterday; as you can see there are quite a lot of nice features to manipulate path and nodes.

IP

I have stayed away from this thread for the reasons that have been made obvious. The main reason the eabot left was due to the fact that his work wanted him to use Adobe products. I have been in this situation for ages but I still mange to keep using XPro to do work at home and with my last job in a newspaper magazine my work rate was higher than the others in the department because of XPro.

Now this thread has gone onto a grump about the missing vector tools in the new version. JA has moaned about the nodes but in anothe thread he has stated that he is slowly learning AI. The reason for the word slowly is like everyone else using the Pen Tool in AI is very difficult you watch any video on the net where someone is using the pen tool and look at the times they spend editing the nodes, finger hopping around 3 keys as they do it. Look at the time that it would take in XPro to adjust the example that JA made.

Like Giovanni I could make suggestions for improvements in XPro and that panel could be one with the Pathfinder Tools and Node tools all in that panel but this thread was about the reasons why this person left and I think the main reason was that the firm wanted him to use Adobe simple as that and like myself he had to learn AI. AI has loads of functions which designer don't use they try and keep things simple like JA portraits which are a great example of vectors working. Does JA think he could do his drawings using AI trace to get the detail that he wants? Use AI trace function to do loads of cartoons along with Live Paint and the drawing needs to be the best quality it can. This means I use a pen or a pencil to do the design work and then after that trace using thin paper trace a clean outline of the drawing. The next part can be very hit and miss after tracing the outline in AI, expanding that, joining any broken parts of the lines as sometimes I get a drawing that I can really work with. Or would it be easier to take my design drawing and just place it in AI and manually trace it using layers just as I do in XPro. Most times it is the later.

Can I make the suggestion to all the people here that we concentrate our efforts in request in improving XPro by using "Dear Xara" rather than moaning in this topic board which shouls be used for helping each other and getting solutions to problems that we have.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni View Post
    This is the panel I was trying to show yesterday; as you can see there are quite a lot of nice features to manipulate path and nodes.

+1

That's exactly what would improve xara
    IP

To be fair, Eobet didn't say, in his opening remarks for this thread, that he had to learn AI for his work and that was why he was moving on. He said that Xtreme no longer did the kinds of things he needed to do very well, AI does and does them better, in his opinion.

Yes the thread has become a "grumpfest", so? Are we not allowed to give an opinion if it is less than complimentary? Is the forum to be reserved for complimentary threads and "help" columns only? Best to let people just get this stuff off their chests.

Would this kind of thing really be tolerated in the Dear Xara forum? No, this is more general than simply suggesting improvements. I understand that some may be irked by many of the comments here, but A; no one is forced to participate and B; one thread is not going to bring the whole forum to a standstill.

I'm sure this thread will wind down soon, no need to start preparing the ground for locking it just yet.
    IP