Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Thank you and good bye! I'm no longer Xara's target audience.

Hi MerryOtter,

it's not the question if someone is looking down on your design work or not. I don't think a customer is able to recognise the vector editor you used for your work - in the end it's just a tool.

This discussion is more about the progress of Xara Xtreme as a tool and the "feeling" of eobet that _he_ is no longer Xara Ltd.'s target audience. That you're able to find similiar statements from a lot of other members within the last five years is the really sad trend.

My point is, that I can clearly hear and are able to understand these (from fanboys so called "negative") statements from disappointed customers. Like another member has said before: It's nearly the same with Xara like with General Motors - if you're not able to hear the voices of your customers, you will end without customers.

Or with other words: Since when are customers obligated to support a company with a wrong product strategy by purchasing their upgrades?

In my eyes, the best idea would be, if Xara Ltd. would rethink the product strategy.

Remi
    IP

Remi, what are you smoking out there? It has negative influence on your counting abilities.
    Now, count how many users officially announced that they permanently stop using Xtreme on this board lately? If you can't count due to the stuff you smoke, I'll tell you - 1 permanently and 1 (for XWD) supposedly until the next version.
    Now, try to count with your fingers how many new users we have here since, for example, XWD release? You have not enough fingers even if your have a double vision from those drugs.
    So, if you still think that it would be better for Xara to go the other way, listen others, and exchange all the new, and happy with upgrade users for this 1, then you shouldn't smoke that stuff any more, it's way too dangerous for your intellect.
    John.
    IP

That's your opinion,Remi,Not a fact,
    I guess that illustrator did lose customers when they created the bloatware it is today and more so to Xara I presume,but this is a road you don't even consider to be in your mind.
    That's why you keep kicking and screaming like a little boy that didn't get the lollipop.

Rolling Stones:"you can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes(to be grownup),you get what you need(not what you want)"
    IP

her we go sliding off the original topic - which Remi is addressing, whether other members like it or not

The best response so far has been from ... Merry
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Yes Steve.

But I'm getting sick and tired about the whining about tools that are on someones long year list and then saying the business direction is flawed
    and even argument-ed with false facts as everyone can see the amount of new members in the forum which will only be a part of the actual new users.
    To this i say thumbs up.
    I do think that some members are searching in the minor details for little things that they can complain about.(get a life)
    The used behavior I notice everyday with my 6 year old son and 4 year old daughter.

Now when a new member or old member (re)enters the forum it only sees the complaints made by the loudest shouting persons.
    I think these people should be put in place as it is not in the interest of this forum as for the future of xara products.
    IP

such is democracy

but I hear what you say Hans
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thank you Hans, you just have perfectly explained my feelings about this situation too.
    John.
    IP

Yes, I agree with you Steve (handrawn). It's sad to see the usual "fight" between fanboys and critics - also since years without a change ("Hans" was added to my "fanboy" drawer, just now).

btw: I'm so glad that I don't smoke - neither tobacco nor drugs.

One of the next postings (or even a new thread) is about the great members/moderators/developers who are spending their time unselfish every day, hours and hours again in order to help out customers to overcome the missing functions through workarounds and really don't like to see such "negative" postings about their beloved Xara Xtreme...

But this will not change the "feeling", that eobet is right with his thread title, when he is saying that _he_ is no longer Xara's target audience.

We need a change

Remi
    IP

Steve J.

Democracy is about compromising in a way that everybody sees the bigger picture and agree to take a road together.
    In a real democracy they are allowed to complain about it in an ordinary fashion.
    The way it is going now,is not like a civilized democracy anymore
    IP

Sorry, Hans but the OP, some other members and I are trying to argue against a wrong product policy and you are (trying) to get personal against me? Who, do you think, is childish? And which behaviour is not "civilized" anymore?

Please think about, what you have written.

Remi
    IP