Quote Originally Posted by MerryOtter View Post
Well, I think it's one thing to move on to a different program if it's not meeting your needs anymore, it's quite another to deliberately rain on the parade of an objectively great release to a community of users with a rant about how much you hate the direction the software is taking and why you're leaving forever. That is why I felt compelled to provide a counterbalance and explain some of the reasons why I'm excited about Xara Xtreme 5.
The only problem with this, is that I don't feel like a member of Xara Ltd.'s marketing team. If some of the fanboys out there are thinking that they have to participate on a "parade", in order to increase Xara's success to such a product policy, so let them do so. But I don't think that Xara Xtreme 5 is a "great" release, the same as with the former version 4 of Xara Xtreme. And as I've learned I'm not alone with my dissappointment about the output of the Xara developer group. And unfortunately this is part of a bigger picture - I call it a trend - with wrong decisions made by Xara Ltd.

This is not directed to you, but to some other intolerant fanboys: I don't accept the attempts from some fanboys, whenever they are trying to talk "bad" about such disappointed, often long-time customers of Xara, just because they are seeing things different after a long time of wasted hope. Yes, some of us are posting their critiques loud and clearly, but there is nothing wrong with that. The more customers are muttering their discontent, the quicker Xara Ltd. will wake up.

Remi