Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can we get this software ported to MAC?

Apple would develop it for the Mac - Xara would get nothing from the Mac sales, but keep the PC market. Xara wouldn't be losing money because they have no Mac version anyway. And any Mac sales of Xtreme could lead to multiple new PC sales.

Probably makes no sense, I know.

I'll just get Illustrator.
    •Bob

I guess we all need something to dream about.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Never give up your dreams Bob. Even if you know that they are just dreams and most likely won't come true. Giving up your dreams is a sign of (mental) old age.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    The Mac is still only 9.93% of the computer market world wide. Not a very large community to target even if every Mac owner bought Xara Xtreme.

Not enough return on the time and money investment to create a native Mac version.
    What we don't know is how my PC copies of Illustrator were sold because the of artist on the Mac.

Mac's may have the smaller market, but Mac's do work together with PC's. That one door to the Mac will only lead to more doors to the PC.

Gotta spend money to make money. Or find someone with money.

Didn't Illustrator first start out on the Mac anyway?
    Last edited by Bob Hahn; 17 June 2009 at 07:00 PM.
    •Bob

Bob - You're correct, Illustrator did start on the Mac. In fact, for a while in the 90s, the Windows version lagged behind at version 4 while the Mac version was at 6, I believe. It wasn't until version 7 or so that Adobe had equal versions for Mac and Windows.

I think Xara should port to the MAC... and I don't and won't own one. Graphics artists (of one ilk or another) are their customers and they should try to accomodate them.

That being said, they should wait 'til they've gotten the program a little closer to perfection. The program is a good one and I can tell they're trying to get it 'right', but to be honest it's not quite ready for prime time- No letters please; that's just my opinion for my own work. I say they should keep their energies focused on improving the program as it is now; until then, they can't afford to spend time and money porting to MAC when [as I see it] the program isn't completely ready on the PC side.