Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

what happened to my Web Designer?

Last night I was working away happily creating my webpage for a project for college (this is finals week) all of a sudden I got a load of ghosting on my screen and Xara Web designer shut down.

I ran a scan for virus and got nothing.

I run Vista 64
    have 4gb ram

Now.. when I open my project... I see the first page, but there is not scroll bar on the right to scroll through my project. I need to edit the other pages but can't figure out how to get there. Any ideas?

** update** just opened another project and the scroll bar is back and a can scroll through all the pages... It seems that its only when I have my project open that it disappears. What the heck is going on?

Please help!

Sylvia
    Last edited by TuSweet; 11 June 2009 at 06:47 PM.

Default Re: what happened to my Web Designer?

Hi Sylvia,
    Please post your .web project file and someone will take a look.

It's very strange... I recovered most of my work from last night and was able to continue to work on it.

Couple things I noticed were.

1. When I import a PDF... I get a second "graphic" of the text of the PDF that is visable in both the editor and the web view. I am able to select and delete. Weird!

2. After a few hours of working on the project and near its completion, it started ghosting again. Luckily I had saved recently. Xara completely locked up. and the status bar at the bottom of Vista was ghosting the Xara program button all the way into the start button area...Had to restart.

3. Seems like every time I open the .web file to continue to work on it... the first page is just a bit farther down in the editing window... forcing me to scroll down to see the first page. Is that normal?

Very strange.

I'll upload what I have...

Now, does anyone know how to publish this thing to a CD??

thanks for your help guys/gals.

Sylvia
    Attached Files Attached Files

The ghosting you spoke is when an application crashes in Vista.
    You files doesn't cause this for me, so it might be something specific to your PC such as some other software running at the same time (AV perhaps?)

Quote Originally Posted by TuSweet View Post

3. Seems like every time I open the .web file to continue to work on it... the first page is just a bit farther down in the editing window... forcing me to scroll down to see the first page. Is that normal?
    Yes the larger pasteboard area above page one is normal.
    Web Designer will open the .web file at the last saved window state.
    So if the state for page one was with window the scroll bar fully elevated and the page showing more pasteboard, that's how it will open next time.

Quote Originally Posted by TuSweet View Post

Now, does anyone know how to publish this thing to a CD??
    If you have saved your site to (say) C:\Users\Sylvia\Documents\Xara Web Designer\308project, you can open that folder then drag and drop all files into your CD burning software window.

To run from the CD open index.htm in any browser.
    Also be sure all links are relative .

If Nero, then something like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	site2cd.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	62233