Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question multiple gradient fills?

I think there was once something in this forum--might have been from Egg--about how to apply more than one fill path to the same object. Does this make sense? Seems to me that it had to do with creating the fill, grouping the object and then making a second fill. Whatever it was, I can't find the thread, nor have I ever been able to do this. Maybe someone can help?
    Phil Thompson

Default Re: multiple gradient fills?

I don't think this is possible.

You can apply transparency to an object then group it with other objects and apply a new transparency to the group.

Thanks Gary, this helps. I was barking up the wrong tree I guess. So I think I've figured out how to get the effect I want, but I'd be grateful if you'd tell me how you would make a gradient that went from, say, lighter to darker and then back again at the other end to lighter --darker portion being roughly in the center.
    Phil Thompson

Hi,
    I thought that Xtreme Pro 5 allowed multiple transparencies?
    I could have mis interpreted it
    Jim

do you have xtreme 5 - if so one way you can do this is to apply a transparency with three stops [handles] - adjust the end stops to have high transparency and the middle low, using the slider on the info bar for each stop in turn - - earlier versions of xtreme you are limited to the two end handles only, and you would have more work to do

add the transparency stops as you would with the gradient tool
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi,
    I thought that Xtreme Pro 5 allowed multiple transparencies?
    It does. Just draw a linear transparency across an object and double-click on the line with the transparency tool to add more transparency points.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Hi Phil,

If you are still talking about gradient Fills instead of gradient transparencies, then all you do is apply a linear fill to the object. Do this by selecting first shape and then the the fill tool and click and drag on the object that you want to apply the gradient fill to. You then make both ends the lighter colors by selecting a node (with the fill tool still selected) and then right click on the color you want for that node and select 'Set fill handle color' from the menu that opens. Do the same again for the other end of the gradient fill.

To add a color to the middle of (or anywhere else on) the gradient fill line. Simply drag and drop a color onto it from the color bar. Or you can double click to add a node and then change the color the way I described above. By the way, this can be done multiple times. You can add as many nodes to a line as you have space for them, and assign each a different color.

This works the same for Linear (gradient) transparencies, but instead of changing colors you are changing transparency percentages.

I hope that helps.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Thanks all. I know what to do now. Again, this forum and it's friendly people proves to be invaluable.
    Phil Thompson