Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

How does this work? I have exported an animation created in Xara X1 as a swf file, but when I open the file in flash there is no animation. What am I not understanding?
    thanks,
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer
    IP

How does this work? I have exported an animation created in Xara X1 as a swf file, but when I open the file in flash there is no animation. What am I not understanding?
    thanks,
    ron

Xara's Facebook

IP

Ron
    If you want to export an animation via swf, you need to export each frame one at a time unfortunately,
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

thanks, Egg.
    ron

Xara's Facebook

IP

Hi

I have done a few rather complex animated gif images using Xara. I am wondering what advantage Macromedia Flash has over gifs.

I don’t know anything about Flash. Does the package have an inbuilt vector editor that you use to build the animation or is it best to use something like Xara and import the objects?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Ron
    If you want to export an animation via swf, you need to export each frame one at a time unfortunately,
    Egg
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    As regards to exporting from Xara to Flash. What would be the difference between doing a Ctrl-A (select all) copy each frame from within Xara and pasting into Flash verses using the Xara’s .swf export tool?

Also, can anyone suggest an inexpensive way of getting started.. - Flash MX 2004 or Macromedia Studio MX 2004 or something else ?

Many Thanks,
    Steve
    IP

Ron,
    If you have a copy of ImageReady CS you can directly export it as a .swf even though you create as a animated Gif and the file size is very small about the same as if you had created it in Flash. If you wanted to do the animation in Xara X save it as a animated gif and then open it in Image Ready and then tweak it you want or just save as a .swf.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP