Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Gallery Query

Default Gallery Query

Hello,

Is it possible to create a gallery where by any pictures I upload into a certain folder get automatically added to the gallery on the website?

At present the templates look very good but need a lot of dragging and dropping. If i have say 50 to 100 images to show off from a holiday then I would like to upload them to a folder and get web designer to do the necessary. Is something like this possible?

Thanks

Martin

Default Re: Gallery Query

Yes, if you upload your pictures to a service like Picasa and then place the Picasa album player code in a placeholder. Every time you update your Picasa gallery, someone visiting your website will see the updated version. I haven't done this myself but I remember someone on the forums having done this. You can do a search. Here is the link to the Picasa website.

thanks for your response. I will give it a go and see how it goes although I was hoping to host everything myself locally if anyone else has any other ideas?

thanks

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by megaman View Post
    If i have say 50 to 100 images to show off from a holiday then I would like to upload them to a folder and get web designer to do the necessary. Is something like this possible?
    Hi Martin,
    No - Web Designer wasn't made as a one-click auto Gallery Maker.

I was hoping to host everything myself locally if anyone else has any other ideas?
    If haven't tried already, install Picasa 3.
    Images added to a watched folder are automatically added to your Picasa library.
    Picasa can create html web galleries via a few supplied templates (more can be downloaded from various sites).
    These galleries can be embedded into a Web Designer project via placeholders if desired.
    Picasa can also create movie slideshows which could also be embedded via a placeholder in XWD.

Well, if you want to host the pics yourself, there are still some fairly painless ways to accomplish it ,but you will need to get at least a little technical using placeholders. Are you up for that? I can try to make one based on some scripts I used in a handcoded site and share my exp as I go...