Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Does "Ross Macintosh" have a soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    even though none of us have souls but that's another topic.
    I have looked into that eye and i think i can see your soul in there buddy!

P.S.:
    Its all too easy to confuse ones opinion with "Fact".

And its also a big leap to be drawing such conclusions purely on the basis of an apparent vacuum of scientifically variable confirmation.

Especially when by all accounts to current scientific speculative reasoning consciousness is a totally bankrupt concept.
    i.e. they have not the slightest concept of what it is (from their perspective)....let alone what energies or super-physical dimensions are underpinning it.
    (But one thing is for certain nobody can ignore it.)
    In fact the only "intelligent" thing science has to say on the matter is a monumental assumption.....

i.e that consciousness is the product of interactions of matter....(Which is absurd by the way...a "mechanical" sentience? Yeah, lets try to explain something we know virtually nothing about purely in terms of what little we do?)

But the same evidence they would quote to support such a guess does not dispel the complete opposite supposition:

That matter (wholesale) is the product of interactions of consciousness (super physical dimensions)...

But i do admit they have to start somewhere but a total lack of so much as a clue where to start to even define what it is they are trying to understand does not help them.

P.S...blah blah blah....I say you do have a "soul".
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 10 June 2009 at 02:45 AM.

Default Re: Does Ross Macintosh have a soul?

Ah, but no, but, it could be said Ross hasn't got a soul, he is a soul. We all are. As Wordsworth wrote, "Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting: The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star, Hath had elsewhere its setting, And cometh from afar ..." And no, I'm not positing a deity, simply the existence of life before and after our three-score-years-and-ten in corporeal form. The man-made 'religions of revelation' have confused the issue and given too much prominence to the body instead of recognising it, like the ancients did, as being a temporary vehicle or a prison cell (according to, for instance, the Cathars) or a mere quantum glitch.

Well, that's my two-penny-worth
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Default Re: Does "Ross Macintosh" have a soul?

Those 2 pennies could be worth $1.35!

Higher exchange rate for self-aware souls
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

post #1 itself contains quite a lot of opinion stated as fact it seems to me..

some questions/propositions simply have no answer IMO
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Talking Re: Does "Ross Macintosh" have a soul?

I don't care what he has or doesn't have. I like Ross!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

If Ross has the sole then i'll have the veggie lasagne please. And we'll have a couple of beers with that...

...thanks.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

One of the wonderful things about human existence (when you live with freedom) is that we are free to believe whatever we want. You can have a view of your existence shaped by religious teachings, tribal tradition, philosophical inquiry, or perhaps watching too many situation comedies on TV.

While I'm not 'religious' I do try to live an honorable, ethical, life somewhat in tune with the world around me. I don't find any personal need for 'spiritual guidance' in my life yet I accept that others do in their own. Look deep into my eye -- you will see my retina.

Regards, Ross

First we have to come to a consensus what a soul exactly is, and then
    I can look into the assertion if I have one.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Consciousness - the 'breath of life'. Some philosophies (e.g. some religions) have confused the issue by insisting this has to do with a deity. In my opinion it's just a part of Nature. It's probably a glitch.