Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Upgrade

Default Upgrade

I am a bit confused. I see I can upgrade to Xtreme 5 for $29 which is a great price. This is because I have xtreme and webdesign. And I notice that it does not give me the option to upgrade to Xtreme Pro 5. Is Xtreme 5 and Xtreme Pro 5 basically the same? I am under the impression that once I get Xtreme 5 then I will not have to use WebDesigner cause it is also part of Xtrem 5, am I correct.???
    'I Walk SLOWWWWLY BUT NEVER WALK BACKWARDS'

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Upgrade

Acording to Covoxer (John) in a different post that I'm not going to take the time to link.....

Xara Web Designer is a sub set of the functionality of Xara Xtreme 5 which is a sub set of the functionality of Xara Xtreme Pro 5. Go to www.xara.com to look at the abilities of each product.

Hope that helps,
    Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Thanks Eric. I understand by "a subset" this means it is included in Xtreme 5. So all my .web files should be able to be picked up by the new Xtreme 5 and not just .xar files. Right?

Correct.

Xara Xtreme has always been able to import/export .web
    The .web file structure is in fact exactly the same as .xar internally.

Thanks again Sledger. Sorry for making you jump from Xtreme forum to WebDesigner forum. Was'nt quite sure where to post my question so I posted in both. Really appreciate the answer. Andre

I have also just upgraded from XE4 to 5 with a view to doing away with XWD.
    Three Questions: 1 Can you use the Tweaks file in XE5 - if so how? I did a disk move and it didn't recognise the tweaks.
    2 There are some nice gallery designs in XWD, some of which are missing in XE5. Can these be brought into XE5?
    3 In XE4 there was some good clipart which does not appear in XE5. Can this be brought over?
    It sounds like a great idea having everything in one package so long as you can get the full utilisation you had from the previous two packages.
    Regards,
    Peter

Peter,

The tweaks file is used exactly the same way as it was in XX4. Not sure why XX5 doesn't recognise it, but in another thread John (covoxer) confirmed that the tweaks have not been incorporated in XX5 and will still work the same way.
    All the gallery designs and clipart (and more probably) will be on the CD when it ships. It was omitted to save download space on the demo.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi Peter,
    As mentioned in the other thread in answer to your similar post.

You will get more designs and clipart when your CD arrives. This was the same with Version 4 as including all the extras via a web download would be too large.

As Keith also confirms, you can add all the tweaks to the design gallery in the same way you added them to Web Designer initially.
    Also, you can add the entire Xtreme 4 clipart Gallery to the Xtreme 5 designs gallery by following the same procedure.

• Open the Designs Gallery in X5
    • Press the 'Disc Designs' button
    • Browse to C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 4\Clipart
    • Click 'Add'

I to am considering upgrading to Xara Extreme 5.

Now do I need to get the PRO version if i want the funtionality of XWD or will the standard package open and produce the same results as XWD.

Cheers
    Deanx

Hi Dean,

The standard version of Xtreme 5 will do all that Web Designer does plus it has more vector drawing tools and Live Effects.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update