Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just a quick layer question....

When I create a layer, it seems to do so ONLY for the current activated page...
    Is there a way to have the layer created for the whole site?

I'm sure there is and I'm just missing something.... I mean of course Xara would not have me go to each page of a .... let's say, 30 page site to recreate it on each page? right?

thanks
    Cliff

Maybe I should explain... I have panels on each page that I want on a layer called backpanels and do not wish to repeat the 'create layer' and 'move' process for each page.

Default Re: Just a quick layer question....

Unfortunately this is not a feature which is available in Web Designer.
    The required layers must be present on page 1 before creating page 2 (for example).
    The feature you want is available in Xara Xtreme 5 however,
    eg;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	same_layer_on_all_pages.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	1.9 KB 
ID:	62139

Geeezz.... every time I find something to like about WD, I come across something I don't like... I'm so torn as to stay with WD or head on back to Serif's WebPlus? It's just frustrating.

I know.... I've seen it before.... "what do you want for a $49 program?" I'll tell ya, I'd be happy to give them triple the price if some of the greatly needed features were implemented. Maybe in the next version? Maybe a PRO version like Xtreme?

This is not a bitchin session... it's just that I love so much about the software, I become disappointed when I don't have some of the things I was used to....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    I'd be happy to give them triple the price if some of the greatly needed features were implemented.
    Maybe consider taking advantage of the Xara upgrade discounts ?

sledger, what do you mean "upgrade discounts"?

I have Xtreme 5 pro. Is that what you mean?

Are you saying that I can somehow integrate both programs?

As you can see, I'm a bit of a novice.

thanks
    Cliff

I have Xtreme 5 pro. Is that what you mean?
    Well you are posting in the XWD forum and asking about Xara Web Designer.
    Why wait until now to tell me you have XXP5?
    If you have XtremePro 5 then you should have no problems with repeating layers (as mentioned in post#2)

I do hope you haven't been wasting my time.

Sledger.... there's a bit of misunderstanding here... sorry.

I'm using Web Designer.... and was originally asking about 'layers' in WD.

The only reason I brought up Xtreme at all was that you sent me over to 'Xara upgrade discounts?', and I didn't know why? Therefore the Xtreme statement.

I'm do apologize if you do not understand and I'm confusing you... If you wish we may drop the thread here. I received the answer to my WD layers question anyway.

Thanks for your time and patience.
    Cliff

The only reason I brought up Xtreme at all was that you sent me over to 'Xara upgrade discounts?', and I didn't know why? Therefore the Xtreme statement.
    Cliff you're right, I am confused - very.

I mentioned the upgrade discounts because as a WD owner you can buy Xtreme 5 for $39
    You mentioned that you would have paid triple the price for WD if it could do what you ask, therefore $39 for Xtreme 5 would be a bargain? (XtremePro 5 is more expensive)

But then you mention "I have Xtreme 5 pro." - which makes me ask why you haven't used Xtreme 5 pro for your site in the first place?

In summary:
    If you have XtremePro 5 - problem solved.
    If you do not have Xtreme 5 and wish to take advantage of the upgrade discount for $39, problem solved.

WD and Xtreme 5 do not integrate, they are separate programs which do not require each others presence.

Ok Sledger we're doin good........... but but

are you saying that I could have used Xtreme Pro for my (a) website instead of WD?

"which makes me ask why you haven't used Xtreme 5 pro for your site in the first place?"

Here's where my site building newbieness comes into play. Does Xtream Pro do everything that WD does? Isn't WD specifically for site building?

OK, I won't bother you after this promise LOL

Cliff

Xtreme Pro 5 does everything WD does and much more besides