Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Flash in XWD

Default Flash in XWD

I have a trial copy of WD. I added a swf video in a placeholder. It plays fine. But, it starts playing immediately and has no "video controls" to start/stop/pause etc. How do I get the "player" frame around the video? Thank you.

Default Re: Flash in XWD

Welcome to TG Forums Peter,

Flash movies (.swf) also require a flash player for the frame and controls.
    The .swf source on it's own is not the player.
    When you embed a .swf into a webpage without a player, the browser plays the flash inline. This is the normal requirement for flash elements.

You can download a flash publisher which includes the player control such as AnyFLV player.

Do a search on the forums for this as it's been discussed and demonstrated a few times recently.

Here's a sample Flash Movie embedded into a Web Designer page which includes the AnyFLV player.

hi,
    I am going to suggest you also look at a site a just put to-gether in Xara Xtreme Pro 5, which I just added a SwishMax2 animation it utilizes an ssWf file saved from Swishmax2. It is the Intro page(the floating leaves)
    http://www.dadsdesigns.ca/DD2/index.htm
    Jim

Scotty your swish flash doesn't have a player window and controls which is what Peter is asking about.
    Embedded flash such as your cool leaves background is the default autoplay for inline .swf

Ok I mis understood the request. Sorry.
    Jim

Steve, thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded Any_Flv and I managed, with some difficulty, to get a video player working as I want it. I have difficulty because I do not understand very well how to do this flv/swf stuff and I need very detailed instruction, which I cannot seem to find. I will communicate with the Any_Flv folks with questions I have about their player. Thanks for your help, and the lead to Any_Flv.

Now, another problem. I am trying to play mp3 audio files. I inserted a song name on it's own line and highlighted it. I created a URL link to the source file on my web site. (I have not uploaded my XaraWD file to my website yet.) I clicked on preview, clicked on the link to my song, and I get the following script error:
    Line: 2
    Char: 1
    Error: Invalid character
    Code: 0
    URL: (My URL for the link to the song on my web site. The link works if I put it in the address bar of my FireFox browser, so the typing is correct. It opens my default player for mp3 files.)

Any ideas? I can't find anything in the TalkGraphics forum about this. Thanks, Peter
    BTW, the forums is a great resource!

Embedding an MP3 in your site requires an inline browser player.
    Players are commonly flash.

Please see attached .web file for two examples
    Attached Files Attached Files