Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Placeholder Problem

I have used the placeholder for a video and it works fine (excellent as a matter a fact). One problem... when it is running a video and the mouse cursor crosses one of the button tabs it mutes the video and sometimes stop the play... and suggestions.

Website is www.fixablelife.com under the VIDEOS tab.

Ron

Default Re: Placeholder Problem

Hi Ron,

I can't reproduce that I'm afraid.

I do however notice that the intro section on all movies does have a couple of dead spots where it seems to stop for a couple frames.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Hi Ron,

I can't reproduce that I'm afraid.

I do however notice that the intro section on all movies does have a couple of dead spots where it seems to stop for a couple frames.
    You moved your cursor over the Video Buttons and it didn't stop the video? It does on both of my computers and several other viewers that commented.

I just tried using a rectangle and linked it to a page... same problem... the links seem to stop the video.. once the opening logo piece is finished...

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Urfixable; 08 June 2009 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urfixable View Post
    You moved your cursor over the Video Buttons and it didn't stop the video? It does on both of my computers and several other viewers that commented.
    Well you said 'button tabs' originally, not video buttons - so I waved the cursor over the buttons on your site rather than the video controls.
    However, I tried again (Google Chrome) and still this did not pause the video.
    But as mentioned before, the videos do pause by themselves.
    I watched past the intro on video#2 for example, and it regularly pauses without any movement from my mouse.
    My advice would be to remove the layer you have covering the botton left corner of the player windows with 'Video #1' (and so on)
    I recall this being an issue for another user some time ago
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 09 June 2009 at 03:27 AM. Reason: other right

I took everything off the page except the buttons and the video with the same problem. I think it has to do with the hover over button that stops the video from playing... when I used any other of the options for the buttons everything works fine... and sugguestioins... like I said before I used a plan box and activated that with the link optiion with the same problem.

Is there another way to do it...?