Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default trouble with linking an anchor

I have a very long web page. with 10 different subtitles with text below each subtitle.
    I went into utilities > names to identify each subtitle. and clicked applied. So each subtitle has a name.

I then highlighted the button at the top of the page went back to link tab and selected anchors and identified the name (text) I wanted to link to. and clicked the applied button.

I then went to web site preview button to test the linkage. The results nothing. Where di I go wrong?

Bill Daniels

Default Re: trouble with linking an anchor

I think I've run into this when running a local copy. Can you try to export to a test site and see if it works there?

Yes, I too have experienced difficulties with anchors and seems that the local copy never works and server version sometimes works.

It is in such state that I can't use it at the moment. I hope that would change.

It appears that the anchor only posts to the top of the screen if there is more material before or after the anchor.

I copied a long article and made a long column of text with three anchors. The first anchor appears in the first screen. The second anchor appears below the first screen. And the third anchor appears about halfway up the screen.

The link to the first anchor does nothing. The second anchor works perfectly.

The link to the third anchor loads the page from the bottom up and the the anchor is in the middle of the screen.

I tried the same test in NetObjects Fusion with the same text and the same links and anchors and it worked as expected.

So there must be some problem with how Xtreme is interpreting an anchor and I suspect it has something to do with the smart placement of headers and footers. Just a guess but one feature can often have an effect on how another feature works.