Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Animated GIF Problems

Maybe I'm wrong but did you use control and drag a color onto the white page and then set the background to transparent under gif options? If that is what you did then things are working properly and you will prob. get some sort of a white frame around your animation. If on the other hand you create whatever you want as a background object then create the animation on top of that it should work like you want with no white frame or jaggies.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I did the latter. But the backgound object (part of which was a small rectangle which was the page colour) ends up with a white frame around it when reproduced on the page.

This is normal when I export GIFs or JPGs from Xtreme. I normally get arouund it by placing everything on a larger square or rectangle of the same colour on a background layer and exporting all the objects except the background layer and this works fine.

Please tell me if I'm wrong but if I try that with an animation my resulting GIF becomes the size of all the objects INCLUDING the larger rectangle. There's no way I can just export a selection of objects.

Hi Jimi,

I think you have found a bug in the Xtreme 5 animated gif export.

If you select transparent background and preview your animation before exporting the objects are given a white background and is anti-aliased to white.

If you export the animation without preview the gif is anti-aliased to the colour of your background and can be used on a web page with that background colour.

I'll make a report to Xara about this odd behaviour.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hmm, you're on to something here!

Also, if I export the animated GIF without first doing the preview, I get output correctly blended into the background colour (yay!). But then immediately after the export the on-screen background goes back to white. Yet exporting again still produces the original background colour!

So there's no way that I can produce an animated Gif that's smaller than 1.3cm (the minimum page size) then, is that right?

why not?

Xtreme exports only the objects and not the full page.

The attached was created in Xtreme 5.1 Pro

53 pixels x 38 pixels
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Not for me it doesn't. If I use "Export Animation" (I assume that's right) it exports the page and only the page. If any of the objects go off the page they are cropped.

Ah it does in Xtreme Pro 4 though.

Question Re: Animated GIF Problems

Sounds odd Jimi - as Bill shows, works fine from XtremePro 5 too (including the transparent background). Same for me, only the gif size is exported (108x100px), not the page size (480x320px used)

Name:  anigif.gif
Views: 122
Size:  12.9 KB

Might be worth while either removing the Xtreme 5 registry tree (it will be rebuilt with defaults when you open Xtreme again) or uninstalling then reinstalling Xtreme 5

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\5.1
    Name:  registrytree.png
Views: 115
Size:  4.0 KB

The usual warnings apply when editing the Windows registry

Is the 5.1 CD imminent? If so I might wait for that and go for a re-install. I can manage using 4.0 unitl then for animated GIFs.