Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Pinwheel Stereogram

I prefer the sans one myself, finding it easier both to see and to hold. All those lines just seem to get in the way of the image.

It's a cool sterogram, as is the original pin wheel image from the other thread. You've been busy

Those are great. Saw both quite easily but definitely prefer the second, without the lines.......

Interesting. I intended to agree with Burpee about the second being easier because I knew what to look for, however, I think the smoother edges of the second actually makes it easier to spot. It'd be interesting to see the difference if another 3D shape was inserted...

Good job, and good fun! Thanks.

Much better without the mapping. Much smoother. Good job.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

They are very nice stereograms Harry, very colourful and creative.
    It takes me a while to see them, but I can up close!

Michele

Thank you all for your generous and encouraging comments. It appears that it is (almost) unanimous in favor of the second version without the mapped lines. I must confess that is my favorite, also.

I'm currently working on a few more stereograms for your viewing pleasure, but I'm not as speedy as I'd like to be. I've heard it said before that, "first you get good, then you get fast." I guess that's true for most tasks. I'll keep plodding along.

L8r,
    Harry

Likie very much Hay I like both, but the one without the extra mapping is easier on my old eyes. And I wonder to myself if I didn't have a heads up that it was a pinwheel if I would of seen it on my own...sigh. I can never see or figure them out. Keep it up and can't wait to see more.

Thumbs up Re: Pinwheel Stereogram

Sorry for the slow response. I have been gone for a while.

Excellent Harry. Great drawing and depth.

Thumbs up Re: Pinwheel Stereogram

Harry I thought I had already replied and mentioned how much I like your stereograms. Obviously I was mistaken and had not replied.

Both versions are great, although I like the one without the outlining best.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Islecul8er, Gary and Bill,

Thanks for the added comments, they are greatly appreciated. With any luck I'll be completing another stereogram this weekend (fingers crossed).

Gary, I hope hiatus was relaxing and/or productive. While studying your Pas de Deux stereogram I've come to the conclusion that I need to experiment more with varying the line width and color(s) when trying to incorporate the mapped lines effect into the final stereogram image. I think the lines in this one are too thick and should have been of some other color.

About the 'great drawing and depth', I gave this one about as much as it would take without getting weird. When trying to create the depth map and have it come out looking right, you realize how little depth a pinwheel really has. Even larger pinwheels really don't have much depth in relation to their diameter.

Thanks for taking the time...,
    Harry