Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Customizable shortcuts

A slightly different slant to a previous thread -- How about keyboard shortcuts that users can suit to their own needs? For those of us who live by our keyboard shortcuts, it is obviously a huge timesaver!

If not customizable, how about a smaller suggestion: Change the Redo command to Ctrl + Shift + Z like most major graphic applications. Much more convenient IMHO.

Default Re: Customizable shortcuts

You really think CTRL-SHIFT-Z is convenient? Isn't it much easier just to click a button? I use major CAD packages and always use the undo buttons ....
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Convenient? Very much so. I use CorelDraw every day along with other major graphic applications (Adobe Illustrator also). For one that uses it often, it IS a huge timesaver. Personally, to use the button takes quite a bit longer than using the keyboard. 90% of the time I have my right hand on the mouse, left hand in the Ctrl/Shift keyboard area! Meaning I don't have to move one bit to Redo or Undo (meaning I redo/undo quite a bit, it's my most used shortcuts!).

As I said before, this is just my very humble suggestion, just a personal preference. I absolutely love WD, I can't (and am not) one bit disappointed or complaining. Excellent program for the money, very good for us that have no/little coding knowledge!

Personally, I'd find it a PITA, but each to their own ....
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ah well - at least now that XWD is incorporated into xtreme - you can do this if you have xtreme pro 5

so its sorted for the future

there are some missing from the list though, such as 'reverse path' that would really help me if it had a shortcut
    Last edited by handrawn; 07 June 2009 at 07:23 AM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

For Undo/Redo Xara has the most simple, quick and intuitive hotkeys in the industry. They are:
    Undo: "<"
    Redo: ">"
    (also works with autorepeat now)
    Try once, and you'll never use any other.
    John.

Actually John it's the 'comma' and 'full stop' keys.
    You need to press SHIFT in order to use < and > - then the commands don't function.

Note the the comma and full stop (undo/redo) key's don't work in text tool mode (obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Actually John it's the 'comma' and 'full stop' keys.
    You need to press SHIFT in order to use < and > - then the commands don't function.

Note the the comma and full stop (undo/redo) key's don't work in text tool mode (obviously).
    Correct. This way though it's easier to remeber.
    So yes, don't try to use them with Shift.
    John.

Ah, thanks for mentioning that John, probably would've never noticed it! Definitely would be quicker than Ctrl + y, tho 'twill take a bit to get used to!