Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: possible bug

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Bug possible bug

I added a custom folder to my designs gallery, and changed the display name just as I did in Web Designer, and XXP4 However in XXP5 the display name in the gallery does not change.

this is the method I use to change the display names of custom files in the galleries: using windows explorer I browse to my folder on the hard drive, then I open the xara info file that is created when you add a folder to the gallery, then I open the text file in that folder, and edit the discription.

I am currently using the trial version on XX5 as I am waiting to find out about how to use my affiliate credit towards purchase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: possible bug

Yes I agree, editing the #DESCRIPTION: name in the XaraClip.txt is not recognized by X5.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\5.1\Gall ery\ClipartGalleryDescriptions is not being updated.

I'll report the bug.

This issue still hasn't been addressed in the update. Will this be fixed on the CD?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Frances I'd forgotten about this, apologies.
    The response from Xara was that this is result of some changes that have been made, therefore it is not regarded as a bug.

We've made a small change to the way that the clipart descriptions are picked up. Previously the descriptions were read from the Clipart\Xarainfo\index.txt file and also had to match in the xaraclip.txt file. We found that in managing and localising the clipart, problems were occurring where these names didn't match, so we decided to use the main clipart file only.
    Bill and I have discussed adding a function to XaReg which would enable editing the name of each gallery folder shown in Xtreme.
    But this depends largely on time and motivation, there hasn't been a great deal of enthusiasm shown for XaReg by Xara users and Bill needs to find better paying work rather than spending too much time on freebies.

Thanks Steve. I do hope that Bill continues to develop XaReg, however I understand about his financial difficulties. I will make a donation when I can, but money is tight here as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]