Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default E-Commerce ? for anyone that can help...

Hi TG and friends,

I am posting this here because there are a lot of people building a lot of websites and I figured you all might be able to help me or direct me in the rite path...

I have a website setup and I want to sell pictures online. I want the user to be able to select whatever pictures he or she wants, checkout and then they will either receive the pictures in an email or they will automatically be emailed links to download the pictures. I can't find out how to do this. I went to google but I don't know what to type in to get the results I need. I understand the shopping carts and have one implemented, but after they buy the pictures I need a way for them to get them instantly.. If you have any advise, direction or insight, please fill me in as I am lost on this one.

I did see a post awhile back about someone wanting to sell cd's and have them protected until payment was made, then they get emailed a link to download the cd. Sledger, I am not positive, but wasn't you the one that posted that? If so, could you post for me so I can find it.

Again, thank you all and sorry if this was not the rite place to post, but it will be used in XWD so I thought it would be ok....

Thanks in advance...
    RaZzLE

Default Re: E-Commerce ? for anyone that can help...

well, you won't get away on this topic without going into technical details or hire one who does.

i have been searching for some shopping software for similar purposes over the years, the one i recently stumbled over is:

http://www.prestashop.com/en/showcase_demo/

i have not yet used it and there are countless shop systems out there.

on prestashop the feature is called virtual products, also seen it on feature lists as digital or downloadable products
    Trust me - I know what I'm doing! -- Sledge Hammer

Default Re: E-Commerce ? for anyone that can help...

Hi

take a look at cartweaver it has asp,php flavours etc and is designed to be used as insertions into exisitng pages.

COmes with loads of payment gateways and has a good hel forum.

You could use it from within wd but I find it easier to add the coding after

cheers

Ian