Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Integration of FLASH galleries in to XWD - Recommend a truly flexible application

Hello to all,

First of all I want to state that I have produced more web pages, faster and easier that I ever thought I could with XWD... (can't assure that they are good, but there are many!)

Secondly I really don't want to use any other software than Xara products to produce my websites (by this I mean: dreamweaver, flash etc...)

Most of my sites (like every one else) use galleries to show pictures, and I want to make use of the "flashier" (and pardon the redundancy) "ready made" flash templates of software that allow the user to create flash galleries really fast...

To this day my main resource has been to use Picasa in various forms to produce either embedded slide shows or HTML export with free templates out of the web (not that I'm not willing to pay for them) just that no one gives me the ease and flexibility to produce different "spiffy" galleries/slideshows that can complement our websites...

So what I ask the TG forum for is to suggest a (or a set) of solutions to get this done in a simple fast way that can handle fast changes and increment on the amount of pictures in a gallery or a slide show...

Sorry for the long rant, but I have not found something that is going to look and function sort of like a flash site but made in the software I want to use XARA and just want to "plug-in"

I have found in other post things such as simpleviewer and Porta which great but limited in the flexibility (limited to me that I don't write code) so any suggestions would be great...

Thanks for reading all the way down.

Ernesto

Default Re: Integration of FLASH galleries in to XWD - Recommend a truly flexible application

Quote Originally Posted by esanabri View Post
    I have found in other post things such as simpleviewer and Porta which great but limited in the flexibility (limited to me that I don't write code) so any suggestions would be great...
    You don't have to write code, only copy a bit of code (which is readily available in various posts on the subject) into a placeholder. You will also have to do this when using other software solutions.

Default Re: Integration of FLASH galleries in to XWD - Recommend a truly flexible application

Boy,

I think I get that, but to be more specific like modifying background colors, and table widths, or border thickness, that I find that needs to be done either in the HTML or has to be "coded" in to the flash... that is what I meant by flexibility...

do you get what I mean?

Ernesto

If you use Porta (with the SimpleViewer options selected), it allows you to customize the following settings: picture size, background color, text color, frame color, frame size, number of thumbnail rows and columns. All w/o using code.