Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question QUESTION: Re: My XWD License When I upgrade to XaraXtremePro5

Can I pass my license for XWD license onto a co-worker?

If so how?

I think there was some sort limitation to re-installs. Can this be reset when the license is passed over to a new "owner"?

Default Re: QUESTION: Re: My XWD License When I upgrade to XaraXtremePro5

If the Xara EULA found in the Web Designer help file isn't clear, I really think that you'd be better off asking Xara directly.

Excerpt from the XWD EULA
    XARA WEB DESIGNER END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("EULA")

You are permitted to:

1. load or download the Software and use it only on a single client computer which is under your personal control; except that you may

2. copy the Software from one computer to another under your personal control provided it is used on only one computer at any one time and only by you. The copies must reproduce and include Xara's copyright notices;

3. transfer the Software (complete with all its associated documentation) and this license to another person provided that person has agreed to accept the terms of this Agreement and you contemporaneously transfer all copies of the Software you have made to that person or destroy all copies not transferred. If any transferee does not accept such terms then this license shall automatically terminate. The transferor does not retain any rights under this Agreement in respect of the transferred Software or license.

You are not permitted:

(a) to use the Software on any computer or system which permits electronic access to it by more than one user;

(b) to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, copy (except as expressly provided in this Agreement), modify adapt, merge, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Software or its associated documentation except as permitted by law;

(c) except as expressly provided in this Agreement, to use, reproduce or deal in the Software in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    If the Xara EULA found in the Web Designer help file isn't clear, I really think that you'd be better off asking Xara directly.

Excerpt from the XWD EULA
    ..and telling us what they say!

What's your point Paul

I'm just curious if the licence can be passed on. Nothing more than that.

Item 3 seems to be pretty clear on passing on the licence to another person ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

It would seem to me that if you use your WD license to upgrade, you would need to retain the WD license to keep the upgrade valid.

I don't think the intent is to allow discounts on upgrades and then have people give away the old copies. I think it's referring to you buying a product that isn't an upgrade and then giving it away.

A lot of the EULA's cover this specific issue. However, only XARA could answer this for sure.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

We are not buying an "Upgrade" we are buying a full version at a discounted price since we are already Xara customers. There is a difference.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Xara is saying upgrade. I suppose because web designer is pretty much included in XX5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upgrade.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	62010  
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Again, as mentioned in post#3
    If the Xara EULA found in the Web Designer help file isn't clear, contact Xara directly.
    Only Xara sales will be able to answer further questions regarding accounts and software licensing, it's a matter which only Xara can sort out.