Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wash your hands lest you get sick

Another tut Thanks, I liked this one a lot. 'Cept you didn't say how to make the bubbles on the bottom, lol. I them did all by myself , of course I am learning from the best.

Default Re: Wash your hands lest you get sick

Nice job, islecul8r. Keep up the good work. Isn't this fun (and addictive)!

I'd like to check out the original tutorial, and maybe some others would, too. With that in mind, would you post the link to the tutorial in this and any future tutorial based threads? Please. TIA.

Looking forward to your next one,
    HayTay
    Last edited by HayTay; 23 May 2009 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Spelling

I'm glad to see someone doing Xara tutorials.

There have been altogether too many ported over Illustrator tutorials for my taste.

All of the tuts I have been doing are from http://www.xaraxone.com/
    It is full of wonderful information and tutorials, links, guest tuts and guest artist work. I have done a few from the knowledge base on Xara as well. My sister talked me into buying Xara, she fell in love with it. I was just fooling around with Paint Shop Pro 7 for years. She actually is a graphics artist/web designer, sigh, I don't have her talents. HEY, I'm getting there.

Thanks for that, but, I was looking for a link that was a little more direct. Having over a decades worth of workbooks, tutorials and guest tutorials available on the Xara Xone can sometimes make finding a specific tutorial a bit daunting. After searching through The Workbooks and not finding it I moved over to the Tutorials section and finally found this one in 2004's listings. So, for anyone else interested in this tutorial, here's the Xara Xone link:
    I'll get started on this later today, hopefully, after I finish up a few other things I've got to do. Unfortunately, finding a replacement for my failing 15+ year old refrigerator takes a higher priority. Bummer!

Later,
    HayTay

Well done islecul8er, that is ever so good - please show us more of your art!

Oh, and as a bit of soggy doggy person myself, I love your avatar

Once again I'd like to thank Gary for another super tutorial and islecul8r for bringing it to light.

I took a few liberties with my version of the GEL Pump Soap Dispenser since we use the green colored stuff at my house. I think it is actually watermelon, or melon, scented but ever since I can remember my daughter referred to it as... Well, instead of me telling you, why not just take a look at my dispenser to find out what she calls the green, liquid, hand soap.

And, once again, I learned something new from this tutorial. Who knew, besides Gary, that you could take blended, moulded lines and convert them back to shapes so you could apply a bevel to them? Obviously, not me. And, the cool part is that the lines retain the blend spacing and the mould curvature after converting them to shapes.

Another fun one,
    HayTay

Attached Files Attached Files

Excellent work on both those soap dispensers, they are very well made!

Michele

I love people who whip up designs like they do poached eggs in the morning.
    (I started most of my projects in the bronze age.)

Quote Originally Posted by Purrfeck View Post
    Excellent work on both those soap dispensers, they are very well made!

Michele
    Thanks, Michele. Even though I took a few liberties with my version, I'm still only a lowly apprentice. Most of the credit I'll pass on to Master Priester. My skills are developing slowly but steadily thanks to everyone's input here at TG. OH, and a whole lot of practice. At least I hope my skills are improving.

Quote Originally Posted by morphonius_821 View Post
    I love people who whip up designs like they do poached eggs in the morning.
    (I started most of my projects in the bronze age.)
    Morphonius,

Why not give a couple of Gary's tutorials from The Xara Xone a try. Some are a bit long, but, most of them you can whip through fairly quickly. So far, there hasn't been a tutorial or workbook I've completed from there that I didn't learn a new tip, trick or technique from. I consider them time well spent.

Your comments are appreciated,
    Harry