Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Two basic things missing

I don`t wanna say much but for me the site still loads slow.
    I don`t have a real fast connecton anymore, but this was one
    of the slowest sites I have encountered.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

To tell you the truth, I really don't understand what people are saying on this thread....pixel aligned indeed. I guess I'm just a bit on the dumb side this morning...and yesterday.....and the day before.

However, I have noticed, even though it is not working yet, you have set yourself up for the spam robots. Web Designer will encrypt your email to stop this but you have defeated this safty design by actually writing the email address on the site. There are threads about this if you wish to do a search on it.

Unlike the Popeye, I had no trouble with the download time but this is something that bothers me. I wish we had a way of knowing the download speed of the sites we create (not including me since I am still working on upgrading my exisiting site) for both high speed connection and for dial up. It seems to me everybody is ignoring dial up and since I have no idea how many people are still connect with it, I don't know how important it is. But while playing with the flash (I will not be putting flash on my site by the way) I do notice that they do give an estimated download time for both. It would be nice if the program itself could do this or we had a way of calculating it ourselfs......frank

Hopefully the site should be nice and fast now.

Any comments and pointers gratefully received.
    Last edited by Madrayken; 12 June 2009 at 03:23 PM.

Can't look at your site, as it triggers my antivirus software!!

AVAST reports...
    Filename: http://www.denecarter.com
    Name: HTML:Iframe-inf
    Type: Virus / Worm

Just out of curiosity, why is all the frames of Gallery 7 saved multiple times rather than using the same graphics as they are the same size. Well, there are two sizes, therefore why isn't there just 2 frames (1 landscape and 1 portrait) in the files instead of 8 landscape frames and 4 portrait frames?

The same goes for buttons - when put on every page, why does every page have it's own set of buttons rather than using the graphics just once?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why is all the frames of Gallery 7 saved multiple times rather than using the same graphics as they are the same size.
    I noticed that, apart from portrait and landscape, they are not all the same size (e.g., 159X129 158X129) and that they are not pixel aligned (neither in size nor in position).

ADDED: This means that the contents of the Designs Gallery might need a thorough going-through.

Ahhh, so they are different in size. I think you're right, it does need to be fixed. I did a website that uses that gallery and it takes so long to upload because of there being so many frames. Hopefully it will be done soon.