Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hi John,

Thanks for the advice. I know the second S in K.I.S.S applies to me more often then I would like

I removed the linear fill on the pin, dropped the number down to one and removed the black text from behind the red/white text.

Risto - I like the ones without the drop shadow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weckba-logo2.gif 
Views:	512 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	19384  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Thanks John and Soquili,

The top left is the logo contribution... The other three is just attempts at showing how it could be used... It's the same logo (attempt)...

The ones with a drop shadow is just to give an idea of what the logo could look like if turned 3D/Embossed (or spiffed up on a website...) The black one is to show how it could be used on a fax cover sheet...

Yes, the red need some adjusting too, but I think ED gets the idea.

IP

Hi everyone...as a former designer of medals, badges, medallions, dies, moulds etc (using Xara, of course!)for many associations and institutions and a lot of bowling associations(mostly lawnbowls)I'd like to put in my two cents. The existing logo that Ed has looks to me as a photo of an actual badge that has been either cast or die struck, with either stove enamel or baked enamel fill...and this is important in the design of a logo for a sporting group. Are they going to have badges cast or a die made for either pins, medals, medallions, badges? If so, Risto's design is right on the money as it would be easy to covert to a die. Maybe WECKBA will only use plastic badges and pins (which is sad to me as nothing feels as good in the hand as metal) then the design can be printed instead of cast or struck, this then allows more artistic freedom with the design. Maybe Ed can reply as to exactly what the logo will be used on?
    IP

Hello All
    I have a few logo ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weckba.gif 
Views:	484 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	6084  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP

Hi guys... all of this is looking great. Keep up the good work everyone!

There was a request for a better image (Ross I believe) of our past logo. This is the best I was able to come up with...

Remember:
    Old = WEKCBA as shown below
    New = WECKBA

This is a scan off an awards plaque. It's engraved (carved out) of metal and painted up to be mounted on walnut award plaques. Some professional outfit does this for us. I think we have a few sizes we get made up depending on the size and prestige of the award. I'm going to say 3" x 4" is the largest. Bowler of the Year, for example gets one of the larger ones.

Other Awards we have range from crests to rings so the logo get embroderd, stamped on metal and engraved on jewelery.

Besides awards we have all the other stuff we do to support our area's bowlers and our association. We get teashirts done, towles where the logo will appear. We publish a yearbook with everyone's averages appears and the logo is front and center on this book. All letterhead gets this logo too. We run Association Tournaments once a year so this is one example where the logo would be on flyers and others similar hand-outs.

It's a busy little logo!

Hope this helps
    The BEST is good enough!
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ed - what is the graphic on the part with the caustic green background. Looks like those little landscape lights folks use in their gardens. What do they have to do with WEKCBA/WECKBA?

Regards, Ross

PS - Gregraphic's point is a good one -- how will the logo be used??
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ross Macintosh:
    Ed - what is the graphic on the part with the caustic green background. Looks like those little landscape lights folks use in their gardens. What do they have to do with WEKCBA/WECKBA?

Regards, Ross

PS - Gregraphic's point is a good one -- how will the logo be used?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know! I'll try to find out.
    The BEST is good enough!
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric (bcire):
    Ed,

Xara is a stress relief/fun hobby type thing for me. So your logo sounds like a challenge to me. Someting to do in my spare time. It sounds like I am (and people like me) your target audience.

Anyway, this is my first attempt.

Enjoy,
    Eric <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very nice Eric (your Dad is right BTW) Don't forget to switch the "K" and the "C". WEKCBA is the OLD name.
    The BEST is good enough!
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Risto Klint:
    Ok, I think I contributed to having this challenge bummed out... I need to learn to take a couple of deep breaths (myself) once in a while...

Hopefully, we can get more contributions that this! Come one people!

ED, there are some goofy anti-aliasing jaggies in there for some reason, which I can be fixed if my humble logo contribution gets the honour.

If my logo does get picked, I would like the prize money raffled amongst all other contributions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Risto... All opinions are welcome and respected. As mentioned before, I do understand the different view points. People are entitled to their opinion, no matter if it's right or wrong, it's still their opinion and I respect that. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.

Please see new image of old logo.

If you win, and I wish you the best of luck, the prize money you get is yours to do with whatever you wish. The raffle is a nice gesture on your part, so feel free to handle this the best way you know how.

Regards
    Ed
    The BEST is good enough!
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gregraphic:
    Hi everyone...as a former designer of medals, badges, medallions, dies, moulds etc (using Xara, of course!)for many associations and institutions and a lot of bowling associations(mostly lawnbowls)I'd like to put in my two cents. The existing logo that Ed has looks to me as a photo of an actual badge that has been either cast or die struck, with either stove enamel or baked enamel fill...and this is important in the design of a logo for a sporting group. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    gregraphic.... Thank you so much for your input here!

YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

Would you please continue to offer your expert feedback to those designs which will cause problems for our intended uses? Your experience and background is a valued asset to this whole process.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gregraphic:
    Are they going to have badges cast or a die made for either pins, medals, medallions, badges? If so, Risto's design is right on the money as it would be easy to covert to a die. Maybe WECKBA will only use plastic badges and pins (which is sad to me as nothing feels as good in the hand as metal) then the design can be printed instead of cast or struck, this then allows more artistic freedom with the design. Maybe Ed can reply as to exactly what the logo will be used on? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Again Excellent points!
    We will not go with plastic since we have always used metal in the past. I don't think we will ever go away from the metal.

So I have a question for you now.... We all like the designs with more detail so have you ever seen two versions of the same design? One that is more details used in print and a simplified version of the same design for die casting and such?

Regards
    Ed
    The BEST is good enough!
    IP