Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New Flash Question

I watched a demo video on Xara's webite and saw that they created flashes with transitions. Does WD have these transitions? If not, do I have to get the Xtreme Pro to get this feature, or does can the Xtreme do it? And one last question, can I open my WD in Xtreme? I would sure hate to lose what I have done

Default Re: New Flash Question

You can create a flash object in xtreme and export the flash to hard drive.
    In XWD, create a shape (square, rectangle, etc).. and give it the height and width proportions as the flash you created. Right click on the the shape and select "web properties", then select the "placeholder" tab. Choose the radio button you wish to work with. If you have script for the flash, select "replace with HTML code". Be sure your height and width proportions match with your flash (image or script info). Apply the settings and hit your "preview website" button at top of XWD. If it works, you can move that shape to wherever, and your flash will be in that location.

But can you make for example a flash banner with images in WD? If not then what do we have to do to get a premade .swf file into WD?
    Please visit my website at: http://www.jenerationz.com

You paste the .swf script into the "use HTML code" button, in the placeholder tab. This tab pops up after you right-click on the shape you created and select web properties. Create the shape with the height/width proportions as the .swf.
    Your .swf script will show you its height/width. If there are additional files that go with the .swf, be sure they are in the same web folder you are working in.

Here is a bit of a sample......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flash.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	61948
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 05 June 2009 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Attached images to post at Forum required size.