Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Smile Xtreme 5 shortcut icon set

New version of Xtreme, but same old icon
    Those with earlier versions of Xtreme installed might like a different desktop icon to help distinguish one from the other.
    Here's an icon set for Xtreme 5 which you can use to replace the default Xtreme 5 shortcut icon.

The set includes 32bit / 24bit and 8bit icons of 48/32/24 and 16pix sizes.

To change the shortcut icon, right-click the current Xtreme 5 shortcut and choose 'Properties>>Shortcut [tab]>>Change Icon' and then use the browse button to locate Xtreme 5.ico (attached below).

-----------
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X5 iconset.png 
Views:	676 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	61918
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Xtreme 5 shortcut icon set

Thanks Steve. For those of us who have more than 4 versions of xara loaded, a new icon is mighty nice.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Nice icon set.

Thanks Steve - I was disappointed when X5's icon first appeared after yesterday's purchase, but I guess we should have learned by now that we shouldn't expect a new icon each time. And since I habitually keep at least one previous version live and running (certainly until the new CD version arrives) it can get confusing.

Jon H

Thankfully, the version number is now shown in the title bar for the Xtreme window. That helps some, but I agree that having a different icon for each version is greatly to be desired.

I can get sledger's icon to show up on the Desktop, but so far it's not working in the taskbar. Still trying to sort that one out (XP SP3).

Thanks Steve.

Arrow Re: Xtreme 5 shortcut icon set

Not as good as Steve's but I thought I would have a go at making one similar to the old one!

It's only a 32x32 so don't get too excited!

I haven't quite got the hang of combining various sizes and resolutions in one file.

Rik.
    Attached Files Attached Files

No taskbar problems here, amoore - under XP Home SP2. Copied Steve's unzipped file into the same folder as X5 program, then changed properties for the standard Xara icon I'd already got on the taskbar. Don't have a desktop icon as I try to keep desktop free. Maybe that made the difference?

JonH

As Alison points out, the version number is now present on the title bar of X5 making the running application easier to identify. Of course, this means the application first needs to be launched via a shortcut icon somewhere.
    The taskbar shortcut icon can be changed the same way as described, but the application icon will remain the old style.

I use ObjectDock as my launcher, the only version of Xtreme still using the original icon is version 4. All other version have unique icons.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xicons-od.png 
Views:	547 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	61995

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    The taskbar shortcut icon can be changed the same way as described, but the application icon will remain the old style.
    ??? I thought it was the other way around. In my taskbar, it's the same icon for X3, X4 & X5. Perhaps ObjectDocker does something different.